Paddock stands?

rwgoldsmith

hey guys
i'm going to be doing some track days this year on my bandit and my track day place requires safety wiring the kickstand. so i figure i need to get a paddock stand. i have been wanting one because my bandit doesn't have a centre stand and to do tyre changes i have to remove the exhaust and use one of those cruiser style bike lifts.. pretty much i just want to use it for the odd track day and the occasional wrench so i dont need top of the line.
i saw cycle gear has their home brand ones on sale at 39 bucks each so i could afford to get both a front and a rear.
i have also been eyeing to one from t rex racing as i have my sliders from them and they seem to be good quality kit.
anyway i was curious what you guys use
thanks RW

Will they allow nylon ties? When I did my track day, I just looped a tie around the kickstand and something (peg mount?) and pulled it tight from the seat. Had cutters in a pocket to cut the tie after the laps. All was good.

Cheers,

MrHix

I use Kaneg front & rear stand space saver combo on my GSXR, the rear stand comes with a small trolley on three castors that is good if you need to move your bike in tight spaces & easily converts back to a paddock stand. It is quite small & takes a bit of effort to lift the bike though.The front is a head stem lift & comes with 6 different size pins to suit different bikes & lifts with ease.They also make under fork lifters. Combo SpaceSaver Mate Rear Stand PLUS Head lift Front Stand - Free Spools - Hex Tool - Kaneg Holdings

fangn those look very interesting its too bad they are in Australia i'm willing to bet that it will cost a lot to ship them too me. very interesting design ill save that fr the future when i have more spare cash

well i ended up just getting the cycle gear stands a front and rear figure if anything they will help for changing out the tyres and such they will be here on fri so ill take pics and let people know how they work.
also got a pair of their bilt boots the track day place only requires leather boots that cover the ankle so i was planning on just wearing my work boots but i figured i would give these a go and save my docs from getting destroyed.

bilt might hold up to one getoff. or a couple weekends with no sliding.

but "street" style work boots. will not hold up to one get off. it is the kind and style of leather in use. as work boots need to flex a bit.(top grain at best) good riding boots need to be able to slide and stay put.(full grain only+ nylon inserts).

spend the cash get a great pair of boots..you only have one each (left/right) feet. no replacements.

when dhem bones get grinded things just do not work the same. those little things pocking out your ankles are not bars or pucks to be grinded away.

Back