Ottimoto Rearsets

B

Buildercher

I picked these off Ebay with a 20% off voucher for $200 US delivered. Firstly, they came with no instructions only a few pictures to help. Secondly, there were a few bolts missing? which pi**ed me off a bit and it took about 5 hours to assemble and mount them on the bike. Well i ended up spending $15 on some decent bolts and nuts and threadlocked most of the bolts in. There was another issue i have them setup on the highest position forward which from my calcs works out to be the same as stock but 10-15mm higher but i cannot workout how you can use these in a lower position because the shifting arm isn't long enough down the bottom where it connects into the lever?, it won't bother me as i will never have them setup any lower but it would if i wanted them lower i would be annoyed. Besides these small issues the quality of the components seems good and you could easily sort out the problems with the shifting arm, i will probably tweek and modify a few things to get them shifting perfect over the next week or two but for $200 it has to be thumbs up they look good and work great, but be warned you will need patience!!!

Nice. I've heard so many horror stories on installing these, but they look good.

How's the buzz in your feet?

Oh, the Ohlins looks killer, I'm sure the ride is even better.

To be honest i can't really knock the rearsets, from a good test ride there does'nt seem to be any vibrations through the pegs. They are functional, work well and look good, the track will be a real test . The way i look at it i have saved $200 which can go towards tyres and maintenance.
ps. Best mod ever Ohlins!!!.

Had a good ride today with the rearset's and they felt really good, no vibes, good clearance and smooth shifting.

You can adjust them back and forward, I have them setup in the forward highest position which is about 10-15mm higher than stock, for the track i will probably move them back one which gives you 20mm over stock, the shifting rod isn't a problem if you would want them lower the issue is the shifting arm it needs to be longer down the bottom which is easy to sort out make a new one or make a bracket to lengthen the original but it is annoying they did'nt sort this out when manufacturing i must have played around for 2-3 hrs trying to figure how it mount them lower without this issue maybe someone else has figured it out how to make them work in a lower position without altering the shift arm?. The other issue is their was'nt enough fixings supplied and a couple of bolt's were'nt long enough. The Chinese seem to let themselves down with the small details but 98% of the product is as good or just as good as the more expensive alternatives, i am looking at Roth's stacks with the $ saved getting these rearsets "result".

Last edited by a moderator:
rearsets

Hi folks, a word of warning. i ordered these rearset a few weeks ago, today they arrived, totally the wrong model! i must say they look very cheap, but then they are! All in all i`d say no don`t buy, even if you get the right model! i`ve tried emailing but no reply, it doesn`t even say on box what model i`ve got so i can`t even sell them on! Looks like im £150 outa pocket, so much for saving money! I`ll have to get a set of Giles, had these on my gen1, these are a bit rubbish to say the least. So buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi folks, a word of warning. i ordered these rearset a few weeks ago, today they arrived, totally the wrong model! i must say they look very cheap, but then they are! All in all i`d say no don`t buy, even if you get the right model! i`ve tried emailing but no reply, it doesn`t even say on box what model i`ve got so i can`t even sell them on! Looks like im £150 outa pocket, so much for saving money! I`ll have to get a set of Giles, had these on my gen1, these are a bit rubbish to say the least. So buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who did you buy them off?, what brand were they?. If they are the same as Ottimoto i would have to disagree. I think the components are made to a decent standard and they work well sure, there are a few things they could have machined better and some of the fixings are poor quality but they work and work well. You aren't going to get Rizoma or Gilles for $250. It is dissapointing too here they haven't replyed to your emails?, keep on them.

From what I've seen of them they look like they'll do the job, and not be an ugly eyesore. $250 bucks beats the crud out of the 600+ I'd pay for Valtermoto, and I'd expect them to be not as shmick. The only bit that bothers me about them is that I've been told that if you break them, Smack into the garage wall or even a mild driveway drop could do it, you have to replace the whole unit. With other more expensive ones you can replace the parts that are broken. Of course if the parts are nearly $250 then it makes sense to go the cheaper route if they work.

I'll definitely be looking at them though.

Update on the rearsets. They seem to be holding up well, i have ridden in all weather conditions and have given them a good workout on the track. There seems to be a few horror stories about these rearsets floating about, but most of these stories are communication issues not quality issues as they come from Hong Kong. For $200 you can't go wrong, they look good, work well and are -$250 cheaper than than the common brands.

No problem. There is adjustment on the brake-light bracket, you can screw it up or down to suit what height you want your rearsets. Cheers

From what I've seen of them they look like they'll do the job, and not be an ugly eyesore. $250 bucks beats the crud out of the 600+ I'd pay for Valtermoto, and I'd expect them to be not as shmick. The only bit that bothers me about them is that I've been told that if you break them, Smack into the garage wall or even a mild driveway drop could do it, you have to replace the whole unit. With other more expensive ones you can replace the parts that are broken. Of course if the parts are nearly $250 then it makes sense to go the cheaper route if they work.

I'll definitely be looking at them though.
i have been thinking of getting these ottimoto rearsets myself, they are cheap but yet look very functional, i have heard people saying they are hard to fit, MOST rearsets no matter what the price are tricky to fit and take some jigglin, as for your comment about the spare parts, take a look at this link , parts ARE readily available,
the only bad think ive heard is the anodising is not great, it turns a choc brown color when worn.
Yamaha Fazer FZ1 FZ1N 1000 06-09 Adjustable Rearsets | eBay

i have been thinking of getting these ottimoto rearsets myself, they are cheap but yet look very functional, i have heard people saying they are hard to fit, MOST rearsets no matter what the price are tricky to fit and take some jigglin, as for your comment about the spare parts, take a look at this link , parts ARE readily available,
the only bad think ive heard is the anodising is not great, it turns a choc brown color when worn.
Yamaha Fazer FZ1 FZ1N 1000 06-09 Adjustable Rearsets | eBay

Take a look at these babies, way better quality and reasonably priced too.

Valter Moto Type 1 Rearsets for Yamaha FZ1 06-, PJ's Parts

I've had my Ottimottos for a year now. IMO, they look and work fantastic. The shift/brake levers are better looking than anybodys. I didn't like the footpegs or the toe shifters, so I replaced the footpegs with folding Rizona pegs, which I welded onto the Ottimotto footpeg stubs. Also, I got longer Speedking toe shifters with sharp red anodizing, and then put Kawasaki shift & brake rubbers on them.

Yes, you have to do a little work to make the Ottimottos fit properly; it helps if you have some fabrication skills.

Back