One of those days....

With a name like Death Metal, I'm not sure if that's good or bad? What's the answer? Is it the weather in your area? If so, come on down and over to Havasu, sunny and 70 degrees. Perect riding weather.

that now will be in reference to the following....

a while back....I commented on some excessive drive noise in my new laptop -- louder than normal operation.....now it won't read and I'm scurring about trying to pull the data of one of the partitions to see what I can do.

Thankfully, I have repaired the original laptop, and it comes with an extra disk bay -- a ebay purchase that I did not install, extra hard drive caddy, hoping I can limp along until then....

so....all avenues require a trip to p/u an external hard drive for the 2.5" SATA drive....

A minor annoyance turned into a major headache....hopefully I can fix w/o having to send into HP

I'm death today for all things electronic!

Will be absent today so it does not spread to the forum....deadlines, deadlines, deadlines....and NADA to make anything happen.....

uhhhh...huh?

Use Acronis to backup everything and something happened in the boot sector to not allow the disk to load.

Happy to report -- back up on the laptop......all it took was a new hard drive, 500GB and a nifty little device that will read SATA 2.5 and 3.5", with hot swapping.

Was able to save the data, found out that I had an extra slot, so I'll take the old 320 and make it a storage only for all the misc BS I have to carry around as a fililng cabinet.

learned a little today.....but it is not anything I'm ready to repeat again anytime soon.

signing off.....but resume tomorrow....

uhhhh...huh?

Use Acronis to backup everything and something happened in the boot sector to not allow the disk to load.

Happy to report -- back up on the laptop......all it took was a new hard drive, 500GB and a nifty little device that will read SATA 2.5 and 3.5", with hot swapping.

Was able to save the data, found out that I had an extra slot, so I'll take the old 320 and make it a storage only for all the misc BS I have to carry around as a fililng cabinet.

learned a little today.....but it is not anything I'm ready to repeat again anytime soon.

signing off.....but resume tomorrow....

I guess to put it in easier terms...as an example, my PC's Asus board is a RAID board. I can hook up to 5 hard drives in an array. They will all mirror each other identically if I wish. This way if my main drive fails, I only need to boot from the next drive in order and it will be the mirror image of the original. You lose no data on the drive. I myself don't run it mirrored. I have a 120 GB drive for storage only which I actually should make an array with but I've been too lazy. Glad your up and running again buddy.

Back