One Last Ride

The weather looks like it will be half way decent tomorrow so I' going to accompany one of my friends to his dealer for an oil change. He doesn't do his own work any more and the dealer is about 70 miles away so I thought it would be a good time to get another couple hundred miles on the FZ before we get out to Arizona. I'll be riding out there also but you just can't find the kind of roads we have here in northern Michigan out in Arizona unless you are up in the Flagstaff/Grand Canyon area and I'm not looking for more snow when I get out there. The summer was fun but all things must pass and it looks like this summer is all but behind us now. It's time to get out in the woods and try to catch up with Mr. "white tail". I'm headed out to the Pigeon River Forest this afternoon to do some scouting. It's a beautiful day, all sun and about 45 degrees. Time to walk off a few pounds.

Enjoy the ride. I think Winter is closing in on us here in the NE too...well it sure feels like it anyway. Some parts at higher elevation have already gotten 6+" of snow which is very unusual in mid-October. I was hoping to do some riding today, but it's been raining for days. I guess this is what happens when you get two Nor'easters back to back...

Me, I'm not giving up just yet. The entire coming week looks to be in the mid 60's and sunny around here with the exception of next Saturday. I'll be warming her up for work tomorrow morning for sure!

Me, I'm not giving up just yet.

Me either. I will be out riding on Monday and Tuesday, but rain is expected on Wednesday. I will probably winterize my Kawasaki Monday evening. But it will probably be mid-November before I winterize the Yamaha......just in case we get an unexpected warm spell. :D

Just put mine away today for along winters nap. Now I will be content on writing here and looking for this years mods for the spring. Love those mods especially with the Canadian dollar climbing it becomes more economical to order for the lovely USA. :sinister:

The best riding season is just starting here in Central Texas. No more cooking in my long pants, helmet and jacket. I don't mind bundling up a bit, so I'll ride all the way through to the wildflowers in March.

You guys make me feel that there's been a reason for sweating for the last 4 months.

Thanks

no stopping for me during winterseason. I'll get my bike prepped for 60€ to stand the winter (full works on cleaning and spraying with siliconespray to withstand the salt)...bought myself a new pare of waterproof SIDI boots, so let the rain/winter come...

Me either. But it will probably be mid-November before I winterize the Yamaha......just in case we get an unexpected warm spell. :D

Your down in that snow belt. I'm about 100 miles north of you and your winters are much worse then mine. I was just counting tonight how many months til we see the sun and warm temps.:shame:

sigh...

the 21st was my bday, worked a half day and went for a nice spin...this morning flurries almost made me cry as the dredful truth slaps me in the face....need to find a place to store her though.

It snowed Wednesday about 2 inches, today it's supposed to be in the 50s and sunny, almost perfect weather for a ride. I love Colorado, not only for the great roads but also the fact that you can ride pretty much year round. It was getting into the 70s last year in January. It was 37 degrees when I road to work the other day and as dry as it is my leather jacket with liner and my winter gloves were all I needed. It's supposed to snow Monday though.

This Sunday looks to be at least 61 degrees. I'll be heading up to the mountain in the morning. I'll probably wait until about 10:00am for things to warm up a bit. The leaves should already be changing now and there won't be too many more Sunday rides I'm afraid. For anyone in the neighborhood, feel free to meet me up there!

Got another ride in today...no rain on a Friday afternoon = a fun ride. Just about a 100 mile loop before dark. Now, if there's no rain Sunday....

weird alberta weather

I have been living in denile, (not the river in Egypt) for weeks now. After a record cold October, (average daily temp of 38* F.), we have been getting a welcome reprieve. When I commuted to work at 06:30 this morning it was 26* F. This afternoon it is 68*F:woot: Tomorrow's forecast: 44* in a.m. with a high of 52*. Just about tropical ! It was like preparing for battle this morning, long underware, belaclava, turtleneck, full leathers, glove liners. I was almost sweating walking out to the garage. Not so much once moving. FULL concentration riding in the dark in 26* watching for any patches of ice, and easy in the corners and bridge decks. Loving every minute of it!

It's only been getting into the mid 50's here in NY but this Sunday the temps will reach a balmy 62 degrees! Break out the shorts!!! I think I'm gonna stay off the mountain this Sunday and take a ride up to Orange County Choppers. It's still a great ride if you take the backroads. If anyone's interested, feel free to tag along.

It's only been getting into the mid 50's here in NY but this Sunday the temps will reach a balmy 62 degrees! Break out the shorts!!! I think I'm gonna stay off the mountain this Sunday and take a ride up to Orange County Choppers. It's still a great ride if you take the backroads. If anyone's interested, feel free to tag along.

Sounds like a great plan. I'll be joining you :D

Back