on the search for tires again....

I killed my conti RA2's in 3900 miles so I am looking for that lightning quick turn in and have been looking at the BT016's good price and lots of guys seem to like them.I was gonna go a track day this weekend but may now have to wait for tires,GRRRR. or the BT023's prices are alot cheaper on thses compared to everything else.

I beat the everloving shit out of my BT016's and get 3500+ miles out of a rear.... if you're smooth on your transitions, and on/off the throttle, and your suspension is properly sorted, your tires will last a lot longer.

Suspension is sorted but I only get about 2k out of a set of 16's... I've also noticed that the front and rear are worn out at the same time. I used to get two rears to one front. Not sure if that has anything to do with things but i thought I would throw that out there!

It's actually because they one put half as much meat on the fronts now... I measured the last one I got in, it measured out at 5/32... It fails inspection at 3/32... The rear measured out somewhere around 9/32 if I'm remembering right...

I think I remember you posting that info before. All I can say is the first time you you slide the front you will know it's time for new tires!

So you guys think its feature so you can change booth tires at same time or is it so they can keep price of the tire down with the ever rising tire prices?

Just looks like a way to sell more tires. :)

I'm glad I'm smooth and easy on my tires. If I had to change every 2500 miles like you guys, I'd be broke!

Back