Oil Leak?...

View attachment 15425

So that is where it leaks from on a 2003 FZ1 New to riding and new to mechanical work. Just started a few days ago, I don't want to take it to a dealer because i'm damn near broke and don't want to be broke. Any ideas based on where it's dripping from I think I tracked it to a umm gasket? it has a "8" on it. I think that's the size of the screw or w/e it is. any help or anything to help you help me let me know.

It's not the drain plug, initially I guess since I've had the bike the bike was filled with too much oil that was like 2-3 weeks till I had someone tell me about that so drained and filled to correct level it was. While we're here though anyone have suggestions on front & rear sprockets cause mine are shot out and a new chain is probably in order also any suggestions or info on how that works? I still got the leak I'm trying to see if it's the shifter case or w/e that's leaking cause it's off the left side even if I found out it was that I don't really have the confidence or knowledge to know how to fix it.

Thanks for any info I love this bike now lol I gotta make it perfect was a slamming deal but I'm starting to figure out why....cause the guy before me really didn't take care of it too well

I'll have to when I get back near the bike it's actually super lame and disheartening not having the bike outside the building I'm in right now. I'm having someone find&fix the short in the handlebars that kills the bike when I'm going slow and turn the handlebars to the left. So I was riding around fine cause we're leaning into all of our turns but when i'd go slow in the parking lots or whatever into parking spots the bike would die when handles were turned so I thought it's a good idea to get that fixed.

Back