Oil Filter options

Yes indeed. He's got that red, almost coppery color. I was really digging it. I think I have a pic of his ride and even shows the seat. I'll look for it.

I went back and found it. Yes, he does! Great looking bike and NOW I see the seat (at least a very small portion of it anyway!)

Last edited:
I went back and found it. Yes, he does! Great looking bike and NOW I see the seat (at least a very small portion of it anyway!)

Go back and look at that thread again. I posted a better picture of the seat. I never tried the stock seat, but I am sure a Corbin or Sargent has to be more comfortable than stock.

Apparently so, my brother installed one on his '06 and even though he torqued it to specs, it had a slight leak after a test ride. When he removed it, the area where it threads on to the bike was no longer dished downward into the filter like the one he just replaced, but was flat. This makes the filter bottom out on the boss at the base of the threaded nipple you install the filter on. Its only a slight dimensional difference, but its enough difference since you can't compress oil filter's o'ring enough to get a good seal. I use Bosch on my '09 as well but fortunately, last time I needed one, I bought a few. You can clearly see a difference when you compare old versus new.

From what I've read, this was changed on some other brand oil filters that used to be compatible with the FZ1 as well....

Back