Oh noes! FZ1 or R1200C?

FZ1 Wins

Well I came across another bike I like, now I am stumped. At this point I think I have my fz6 sold and now I have been test riding bikes and I have been thinking about the FZ1 for awhile, but then across the BMW. They both have what I am looking for, but I just dont know what I want right now. I hate it when I come to these points. Not really anything too much to compare since they are 2 different species. They both are nice bikes, just going to have to weigh my options.

Last edited:
I'd take high performance over expensive maintenance. LOL! The Beemer is nice but I couldn't ever give up an FZ for one. Maybe adding it to the stable is a good option. Geoff, you just aren't a cruiser sort of guy... are you? ;)

I'd take high performance over expensive maintenance. LOL! The Beemer is nice but I couldn't ever give up an FZ for one. Maybe adding it to the stable is a good option. Geoff, you just aren't a cruiser sort of guy... are you? ;)

I have had my moments when I ride with my brother and father. I am still weighing towards the FZ just waiting a few months to save up.

FZ1 is a much better value and one of the best all arounders. I could have purchased any bike that I wanted, but chose an FZ1 over Ducati, Honda, Kawi, and especially BMW or HD. Harley and BMW have some of the most self-centered, smug riders on two wheels. I do not wish to be identified with either of those groups. BMWs are also way over-priced like their cars.

FZ1 is a much better value and one of the best all arounders. I could have purchased any bike that I wanted, but chose an FZ1 over Ducati, Honda, Kawi, and especially BMW or HD. Harley and BMW have some of the most self-centered, smug riders on two wheels. I do not wish to be identified with either of those groups. BMWs are also way over-priced like their cars.

I don't think I could have been that blunt, lol, but the truth is I agree with you on all accounts.

So.........How do you REALLY feel???? :poke: No one has to guess where you stand bud! I agree on the fact that they are way overpriced and if you ask me, it's all because of the BMW Badge on the side of the tank. They are nothing much to look at in my opinion, and you could probably get 2-1/2 FZ1's for the price of one Beemer.

Somebody struck a nerve, especially since I am on the road for two weeks. Also reminds me of people who know nothing about computers, but run out and buy a Mac because they get a little sticker that looks like a piece of fruit they can put on their car bumper and think it adds IQ points.

Last edited:
Somebody struck a nerve, especially since I am on the road for two weeks. Also reminds me of people who know nothing about computers, but run out and buy a Mac because they get a little sticker that looks like a piece of fruit they can put on their car bumper and think it adds IQ points.

You mean I don't really have a 122 IQ now???? But they told me at the Apple Store that.........................Crap! They lied to me! : oops:

Just joking around with ya 2Wheel.

Dont do it

Two yrs. ago rode to Tennesee, my FJR a BMW 1300GT a Blackbird and one of those. Lets just say we spent a lot of time waiting for someone every time we changed roads. Not to mention 120 miles to the tank.

Thread is over, I found it. Although was getting interesting...

06 FZ1, around 15000miles I just have to go see it, Not sure if the price is quite right though. 4900 for, seems a little high. The beamer was the around $6000 with 11,000 miles. I only had an interest in the bike because I rode one half a summer, and they are pretty nice. My wife thinks they are ugly, but I think its unique. Anyway FZ1 takes the cake this round. Maybe when I gain 100lbs I will change class lol

Good choice, What I like about the FZ1 is you can putt (cruise) with your cruiser friends or you can show the kids on their 600's what a real bike can do. Just sayin'...

Back