***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Hey guys just joined (member at a different forum. (please don't hold it against me)) Anyway, would love to come and stay a night or two. Get there Friday Night come home Sunday. (2 nights) What can I do to lock this in? Which dates do you have available. TheWolfTamer may come with me too if there is room. We can bunk just about wherever.

You can set the dates with me. The garage is not used right now and I believe has two sofas in it... as I mentioned, it does have a kitchenette and a bathroom and you'll have access to the hot tub and the showers inside.

PM me the dates and people. $30 per night and that includes dinner and breakfast for each if you like what is on the menu. :D 2 @ 2 nights is $120. I'll PM back with my PayPal addy.

Also in your PM, please include at least names and numbers with one emergency contact ok?

Looking forward to meeting you two! :D The wife will be happy to see another woman there even if only for a couple nights!

You can set the dates with me. The garage is not used right now and I believe has two sofas in it... as I mentioned, it does have a kitchenette and a bathroom and you'll have access to the hot tub and the showers inside.

PM me the dates and people. $30 per night and that includes dinner and breakfast for each if you like what is on the menu. :D 2 @ 2 nights is $120. I'll PM back with my PayPal addy.

Also in your PM, please include at least names and numbers with one emergency contact ok?

Looking forward to meeting you two! :D The wife will be happy to see another woman there even if only for a couple nights!

Ok will try and work out the details tonight. Does you wife ride? I ask because my motorcycle wife will want to be out on her bike. (just so you know). This is my riding buddy whom I am told is my motorcycle wife. My real wife is not amused. :D Oh and one last thing. Is it air conditioned?

Last edited:
My wife does ride... she own an FZ6R that we've lowered for her. She's getting to be pretty good on the corners too but still doesn't carve yet.

The garage, I believe, is not air conditioned but Sept should be comfortable. Some things may change between now and then on my part that will accommodate other sleeping arangements. More on this later...

Like Cruzman said we will definitely be there. It's just a matter of which weekend. It took browbeating and the chance to meet other FZ1ers to get him to join.

CrazyBiker, does Seena have the authority to pronounce anybody married? Cruzman has taken that thing and run with it!! It's gonna make meeting Mrs Cruzman (Cruzwoman?) awkward when we finally meet. :D

I guess I have too, I'll let him figure out when we're coming. ;)

CrazyBiker, does Seena have the authority to pronounce anybody married? Cruzman has taken that thing and run with it!! It's gonna make meeting Mrs Cruzman (Cruzwoman?) awkward when we finally meet. :D

Guess that was meant for me (not CB) ;-) & no Seena does not have any Authority in pronouncing anyone married.

Now "Motorcycle Married" is another thing as you & CM seems to be well tuned & can finish each others sentences ;-)

Time to let everyone know....

A couple of you have been privy to information about my wife and I and with today's news, I now have an idea of what the future will bring. It is highly likely that my wife and I will not make this event. At least my wife, almost certain to not make it... Here's the explanation:

My wife, Michele, has apparently had a medical issue that she was unaware of and it slowly caught up with her. She's been in this condition for a while and it was getting worse over time but so slowly that no one really noticed.

What she has is very large fibroids in her uterus and, of course, they have to check for cancer. Thank God, we just received news today that this is NOT cancer!!!! Regardless, she does have to have a hysterectomy to have the uterus with the fibroids removed. They are of a size that they consider her about 5 - 6 months pregnant.... IF she were carrying. What this has done is cause very heavy menstrual cycles (which we knew about but she never went to the Doc with) and her body is not able to replace the lost red blood cells between cycles so now she is SEVERELY anemic. So, they have to stop her next two periods so her body can recover red blood cells and then she can have surgery. That puts us in the August time frame and since the surgery has to be done much like a C section, she has a 5 - 8 week recovery. That puts us into the end of Oct. before she can effectively move or even ride.

There is a chance that she can recover reds before then and have the surgery sooner, perhaps recover faster and have a shot at making this vacation. But, she is a diabetic... and we all know they are very slow to heal and recovery is always longer.

She is still insisting that I go alone. I might do that but it all depends on when this surgery happens and how quickly she can get up and do things on her own. She comes first in my life so only if I am 100% sure she will be fine with my son and daughter to look after her would I come down. I would likely load the bike in the truck at that point and forgo the big trailer. I'd have plenty of help there to unload it.

So, I will be last minute... and I fully admit that I have a hard time with the thought of going without her regardless... She's not just my wife, she's my best friend and riding partner.

In the meantime, I'm going to ask Ron to send me copies of the contract with Billy and Tony's names on it, circulate it so the three of us can sign and get it back to him. Then, any one or all of us will be able to host this vacation. Again, the place is already 100% paid for and our situation doesn't halt anyone's plans. :tup:

Thanks for any thoughts and prayers. I promise to let you know as time goes by what our situation is and if one or both of us can make it but know that it will likely be a last minute decision when Sept comes.

Take care all. If you love someone, hug them often!

Ok, it is looking more like we both will not make this trip. Here is what I am going to do... I will offer up our two spots for the $166 each, or $332.00 for two to enjoy 10 days and 9 nights with all you folks.

In the event I can make it, I will come and pay the $166 back to the group which I assume you will all put toward the food bill as previously planned. I don't care where I sleep if I am coming and I know there is no way Michele will be able to make it so a hammock on the porch would even do!

If it is OK with the folks that have paid, I'd like to offer this over at the FZ6 forum as well. There's a ton of really great people there that I've got to know over the years and have ridden with many. Their Deal's Gap trip was a bust this year and I know that some really wanted to go but due to a lack of interest, their plans fell apart. If you don't mind, I'd like to give them a new opportunity. You all that have paid will have first crack at the bedroom with two beds that Michele and I were to take. The new-comers will take what is left for sleeping quarters. We know that the other two-bed room is spoken for and the room with three beds is for Billy, Tony and Tony's friend who has paid.

If I can make it, I'll sleep anywhere that is open. :D For now, I'd be foolish to not offer up the two spots though. Sorry all! Michele is out and I'm a long shot....

Eric, sorry to hear that about Michele. If there's anything I can do to help let me know. I haven't checked this thread in a while. I was wondering if anyone has taken my spot as well? If not, I'm happy to donate the money I already paid for the trip to the forum.

Eric. I have been avoiding this thread because I was so jealous. :) sorry to hear about you wife but very glad it was not cancer. We will keep her in our thoughts! Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Just checking in to see if anything about accomodations has changed. Spoke with TheWolfTamer and reminded her we needed to make arrangements. Still unsure which weekend though... But I am sure we will work it out soon.

Just checking in to see if anything about accomodations has changed. Spoke with TheWolfTamer and reminded her we needed to make arrangements. Still unsure which weekend though... But I am sure we will work it out soon.

The only thing that has changed is you now have to contact Billy (FZ1riderNY) or Tony (NJFZ1) for payment/accommodations for the nightly stays as they are officially in charge of the rental at this time.

Hope you two can make it and meet these people! Fun times ahead!

I will probably ride up and join on one day. Rode Deals Gap, Blood Mountain, and some other North Georgia rodes yesterday. Got on the Dragon right after it rained so it was a little slow but still fun.

Guys, I wanted to introduce you to my great friend and new member to the site. Currently, a.k.a. Joe, will be taking one of my spots at the Deal's Gap meet. :welcome: Joe and hope you visit often! He's an SV650 rider who takes his riding seriously. I'm sure you all will have a great time with him there and he also knows a lot of the area you'll be riding in thus can take you down some great roads outside of the Dragon.

Guys, I wanted to introduce you to my great friend and new member to the site. Currently, a.k.a. Joe, will be taking one of my spots at the Deal's Gap meet. :welcome: Joe and hope you visit often! He's an SV650 rider who takes his riding seriously. I'm sure you all will have a great time with him there and he also knows a lot of the area you'll be riding in thus can take you down some great roads outside of the Dragon.

Sounds great Eric! Thats one down and one to go. I'm still, in the back of my mind, hoping that some miracle will happen and you'll come pulling up to the Ridge tooting the horn on the Toyota.

I wish I could say that would be the case Billy, but I'll have no time left on the books after taking care of her when she comes home. If I had another week's vacation, it could have still been a small chance but It isn't looking that way.

Joe can tell you all kinds of stories about me. Him and I go way back now as I've known him for about 21 years. :tup: He lives in TN and rides the area that you'll all be in as often as he can.

I wish I could say that would be the case Billy, but I'll have no time left on the books after taking care of her when she comes home. If I had another week's vacation, it could have still been a small chance but It isn't looking that way.

Joe can tell you all kinds of stories about me. Him and I go way back now as I've known him for about 21 years. :tup: He lives in TN and rides the area that you'll all be in as often as he can.

Hi guys, as Eric said, we go back a couple of decades ... my arm is still sore and permanently scarred from his wife beating on me! :shaking head:

Made the mistake of coming down to TN for a couple of vacations and fell in love with the country and the people. Wasn't back three days from my last vacation and was bumping heads with the office sociopath. Went home that night and told my wife that we were moving south. If I would of stayed there another 5 years or so, I would of gotten a heart attack, stroke or beat someone with a baseball bat. Took three years for me to find a good job with a great Fortune 500 company and now have been down here (an hour and a half from motorcycle mecca) for almost three years now.

Do a lot less riding cause I am still making my bones at this new job but the riding I get in is top quality. I usually truck the bike to the mountains so I get a fresh start with a clear head. Not the kind of roads you want to ride when tired and saddle sore. Plus I got some soft rubber and really don't want a flat spot. :D

I know a few locals and they are great people. As for the menu, I got a couple of items I will contribute ... real Maine maple syrup, some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (eat your heart out Eric), and probably a ribeye loin if I can find one from a local farmer.

The coffee is guaranteed to start the day off on the right track. :shine:

Since I am local, let me know if there is any perishables you may want, I can get them there on the way up.

Hey Michelle ... :nana:

Back