*-off Vista! It's hello Windows 7

I get to finally wipe Windows Vista off my 2 systems (wifes computer and mine) and install Windows 7.
I keep hearing how good 7 is compared to Vista so I can't wait to find out.
Just have to wait till next week when they turn up as I've just ordered them.

I tried to do that to my older xp/vista capable machine, but did not have some of the necessary drivers b/c the machine is almost 5 years old.

My newer machine has PRO and has been ALOT less headache than Vista. Hope you enjoy as much as everyone else has.....

I bought a Dell Studio 17" thinking I would swipe Vista off the hard drive and put XP on there! HAHAHA!!!! WRONG!!! EVERYONE I spoke to said it would be easier to just get a new system! Sucks!
Well I'm getting used to Vista but I'm going to wait for the price to drop a little. LOL I can't wait!
Be sure to post back and let us know how it goes! ;)

I bought a Dell Studio 17" thinking I would swipe Vista off the hard drive and put XP on there! HAHAHA!!!! WRONG!!! EVERYONE I spoke to said it would be easier to just get a new system! Sucks!
Well I'm getting used to Vista but I'm going to wait for the price to drop a little. LOL I can't wait!

With most new operating system I recommend waiting for at least the first service pack. Windows 7 is the first O.S. where I say forget that crap. Upgrade to from Vista to 7 and do it as fast as you can.

I still have computers that I prefer XP. Older ones....

With most new operating system I recommend waiting for at least the first service pack. Windows 7 is the first O.S. where I say forget that crap. Upgrade to from Vista to 7 and do it as fast as you can.

I still have computers that I prefer XP. Older ones....

Agree with you 100%. I think Windows 7 release went so smoothly because it's mostly based on Vista. Kind of a super service pack for Vista ;) I've had zero issues (other than print drivers) with my Windows 7 laptop.

No problems here and we're all set to roll it out to the entire company! It is on 3 systems here at home. No issues at all. Starcraft II plays very well on it! :D

No problems here and we're all set to roll it out to the entire company! It is on 3 systems here at home. No issues at all. Starcraft II
plays very well on it! :D

:ditto:

see you online! (scII)

When d3 comes out I am taking a week off work....

I work in IT and have 'rolled back' hundreds of new systems.. it isn't hard at all if you can find drivers that will work for XP, so not sure why everyone told you to hold off... But windows 7 rocks, buy the home premium upgrade from microsoft.com for $120 and download it.. it will be running windows 7 in a matter of an hour (plus download time :))

I never had any issues with Vista but I only put it on mid to top end rigs so it ran very well. i now have win 7 on my main rig and can't say I notice any big difference in performance. Personally I would prefer to run Debian over MS any day!

Back