Odd Dash / Gauge Behavior

So I suspect I know what the problem with my bike might be, but I just want to be sure, and see if anyone else has seen this problem.

Problem:
While riding the other night I noticed my gauges and electronics on the dash shutting off randomly / intermittently. Its never done this to me before, so it was a bit disconcerting to say the least. The speedo and tach would drop down to zero, then zip back up again. The odo and time would go blank, and then light up again within a few moments. However, I noticed the time didn't reset back to 1:00am like it does when you remove / replace the battery.

Info:
Last week I replaced the battery because it was having trouble starting, even after being left on a battery tender. The new battery contacts are just enough different however that the bolts holding down the connectors are a tad loose. I plan to get some washers and shim the up so its snug, but correct me if I'm wrong I doubt that loose connectors would be causing electrical issues once the bike is started and running. I'm suspecting the alternator is going bad, which is probably beyond me when it comes to replacing.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated greatly.
Thanks

My bike does this on occasion, but the time never resets. I had hte time reset once or twice when I first got the bike, But I ride her almost everyday and only saw the issue twice.

I figure there is something wonky with the battery, but she fires up every-time and rides fine so I am not too concerned.

It's a short or battery terminals that are to loose. They may possibly be corroded as well. I had the same problem a while back when I installed my 12v outlet, it wasn't grounded properly. Good luck.

Will do. I'll pick up some washers and see what I can do to make the connectors snug. Thanks for the replies and suggestions. If anyone else has had this issue I'd love to know what your fix was as well.
Thanks,

Back