O2 Sensor?

DirtyD

Ok so I got my slip-on, gutted cat, Airbox mod, removed flies, ais blockoff and now a PC III, I see alot of guys disconnecting the O2 sensor do I have to with the PCIII and How do I do it... thanks a ton

Ok so I got my slip-on, gutted cat, Airbox mod, removed flies, ais blockoff and now a PC III, I see alot of guys disconnecting the O2 sensor do I have to with the PCIII and How do I do it... thanks a ton

Yes, you're supposed to disconnect your O2 sensor. You can leave it screwed in at the header and just disconnect the harness under the gas tank. Then you're supposed to insert the special connector that DJ includes with the PC III into the main harness. This is so the ECU thinks that the O2 is still connected and this way you wont get the Check Engine Light coming on.

Last edited:
ok so I installed lars map onto the PCIII installed the PCIII on the bike disconnected the main harness pluged in the PCIII and then grounded then unpluged the O2 no check engine light but it idles around 1200 rpm and bouces to about 900rpm then back up is that just the map or did i do something wrong

ok so I installed lars map onto the PCIII installed the PCIII on the bike disconnected the main harness pluged in the PCIII and then grounded then unpluged the O2 no check engine light but it idles around 1200 rpm and bouces to about 900rpm then back up is that just the map or did i do something wrong

Well did you also set the throttle opening and closing points? You may want to read these instructions provided by Ivan over on the FZ1OA forum.

No I didn't...lol guess I should...thanks again! I like thisforum so much better than the other, you guys help without all the sarcasm belittling

No I didn't...lol guess I should...thanks again! I like thisforum so much better than the other, you guys help without all the sarcasm belittling

Glad I was able to point you in the right direction. Let me know how you make out...

Way we look at it we're here to help each other out, not make stupid sarcastic comments that serve no purpose.

Graves sells the plug to disconnect the O2 sensor if you didn't get one with the PC3. I like this forum better there seems to be less meat-heads.

Back