Nub needs help

I'm new to the forum and just recently got my fz1. I ended up buying the Oberon mini indicators to put on the bike to pass inspection for PA. My problem is I either have to buy or make some mounts for the indicators. I like the latter idea but have no tools or people I can ask for help from around here. I attached a pic of the bike in hopes you guys might be able to give me some ideas on how to mount them on the bike. I'm either going make or buy the mounts. the only ones I have been able to find were on street fighters inc and I don't know much about them other than they are closed on the weekends to submit an order. Any ideas will be great thanks
Lance

hmmmm interesting problem.... could you drill some 5/8" holes in the top front corner of the radiator guards and mount them there?

I thought about doing that, but i think for the look of the bike they would just be too far away down there and I think the wires would be a little close to the radiator

I thought about doing that, but i think for the look of the bike they would just be too far away down there and I think the wires would be a little close to the radiator

Check out my FZ.

I bought two flexible 9 LED strips and put them in the rad guards using an adhesive. The heat of the rads has not bothered the wiring or the LEDs.

Here's a vid with the 4-ways on:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR61rnR8SoA]YouTube - MVI_1136.AVI[/ame]

Take a straight piece of aluminum bar stock and bend it to make two tabs which reach just beyond that headlight bracket. Drill two holes in the tabs and two on the flat side an sandwich this between the headlights and the existing bracket. I hope that makes sense. This is easy to do for you with just a drill and anything you can wedge the bar into to get the ends to bend. :D

Hey Bayouscoot thats one sweet looking ride you have there. Whats all that nice led stuff in the rear tailights, where did you come across that stuff, wouldnt mind getting a hold of some of that for my 09 fz1. Please tell.....

Last edited:
Check out my FZ.

I bought two flexible 9 LED strips and put them in the rad guards using an adhesive. The heat of the rads has not bothered the wiring or the LEDs.

Here's a vid with the 4-ways on:

YouTube - MVI_1136.AVI

Thank for the visual... That looks really sick and I wish I didn't already buy the turn signals I did. I just think it would look weird to have post style lights sticking out there.

Thank for the visual... That looks really sick and I wish I didn't already buy the turn signals I did. I just think it would look weird to have post style lights sticking out there.

Sell the signals you have if you decide to do something different.
Just my 2 pennies...

well I worked on it this weekend and took FZ1inNH's advise... sort of. I ended up getting a 2 inch piece of aluminum angle from my wife's uncle. I cut it in half and used it . I think it looks pretty good. Those little suckers are nice and bright too.

well I worked on it this weekend and took FZ1inNH's advise... sort of. I ended up getting a 2 inch piece of aluminum angle from my wife's uncle. I cut it in half and used it . I think it looks pretty good. Those little suckers are nice and bright too.

Nice work! :D It's essentially what I suggested but easier to accomplish. :tup: It that all that was needed for inspection? :yes:

Nice work! :D It's essentially what I suggested but easier to accomplish. :tup: It that all that was needed for inspection? :yes:

Well... yes and no.The original owner decided it would be a good idea to shorten the entire harness by 10 inches. He didn't solder anything just folded them together and put heat shrink over top. so now i have to figure out why the headlights have stopped working.

I found the wiring diagram in the technical section but it isn't legible. Does any one have a copy that might be of some use?

Good work! :tup: So now it is good to go?

It seems to never end. I decided to hold off on closing everything back up the other night so when I started yesterday I decided I should test one more time. Well low and be hold I was puzzled as to why it stopped working until I found even more crappy splices. needless to say I'm not real happy at the moment. I now know what needs to be done and should have it all done tonight or tomorrow depending on how much Halo Reach :shoot: gets in the way

It seems to never end. I decided to hold off on closing everything back up the other night so when I started yesterday I decided I should test one more time. Well low and be hold I was puzzled as to why it stopped working until I found even more crappy splices. needless to say I'm not real happy at the moment. I now know what needs to be done and should have it all done tonight or tomorrow depending on how much Halo Reach :shoot: gets in the way

Sounds like you need to take is all down to the splices and do the job right on all of it. Solder and heat shrink tubing! Hope you get her sorted out soon and all the troubles are left behind.

Sounds like you need to take is all down to the splices and do the job right on all of it. Solder and heat shrink tubing! Hope you get her sorted out soon and all the troubles are left behind.

I actually went the "fast al" way as my wife would call it. i was thinking about soldering them but i found some really nice crimp ons made by 3m that are weather resistant (heat shrink with weather resistant goo that is heat activated). I was able to get all the connections made now I just have to tape it all back up with the weather resistant electrical tape I picked up from the depot. Should have it all buttoned up ready for inspection by the weekend.

Thanks FZ1inNH for the encouragement. I'm itching to ride again... and I'm still happy with the purchase even though Helen Keller did the wiring.

I actually went the "fast al" way as my wife would call it. i was thinking about soldering them but i found some really nice crimp ons made by 3m that are weather resistant (heat shrink with weather resistant goo that is heat activated). I was able to get all the connections made now I just have to tape it all back up with the weather resistant electrical tape I picked up from the depot. Should have it all buttoned up ready for inspection by the weekend.

Thanks FZ1inNH for the encouragement. I'm itching to ride again... and I'm still happy with the purchase even though Helen Keller did the wiring.

You're welcome! I've seen those connectors and heard a lot of good things about them. You shouldn't have any troubles down the road.

Ride safe, post often!

Back