not idleing when hot

Hi All

Took bike for longish (100 mile) ride on Sat with minister of home affairs (Wife).Ave outside temp was approx 30C(bike temp was fairly high at 123c). stupid ......... alarm caused bike battery to run flat.Could pushstart bike,but bike would not idle (just died). had to pushstart 2 - 3 times before bike would idle :banghead:

My 1st question (of which I seem to have many),is this a problem related to the PC V map that does not allow enough fuel to engine (to idle) when hot or is this a general problem with the injection system/idler valve?

2nd question,At what temp will the fan stay on even when bike ignition is off?,or is fan connected to ignition circuit ie:when ignition is off will the fan switch off irrespective of engine temp?

Input/advise very welcome.

07 FZ1 - PC V and nothing else

My guess would be that since the battery was dead, there wasn't enough juice left to run the fuel pump and supply enough spark to keep it running. Once you pushed it enough to give a slight charge to the battery, then it could run. As for the fan running, as soon as I turn off my key, my fan stops running. However if the temp. is high, I'll use the kill switch and let the fan run for a little while before turning off my key.

It could also be valves. When the valves are heat up, the metal expands. It could be opening your valves a tad too much when they shouldnt be, and thus, no compression. Its happened on my old R6 before, on very hot days.

Back