Not a new rider

Bought new in06. Have traved through 3 states. Have 17,567 mi. On this all stock bike. People comment all the time. I only use yamy parts but will not pay someone for a job I can do. Iniñow from working on very rare cars that after market is not the way to go unless u can fab& diagnose anything. Most can't. I have ridden from Santa cruz to Oregon in 6 hours only stopping for fuel. Love the bike but I can't find people that really know how to work on them. Be safe and ride to the limit wenever possible

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! We have a lot of folks here who also love to do all the work on their bikes themselves. Lots of experience here. Sounds like you will be able to add nicely to this group.
:welcome:

Show us that bike!
:needpics:

:welcome: and thanks for joining! Knowledge of the bike is more than welcomed here and whatever you feel up to sharing will be great!

What did you ride prior to the FZ1 or has this been the only bike?

Ride safe!

Too many miles

My first bike was a xr50 when I was 7. Xt 100, yz125,kx250,nighthawk 750,zx10, got broken leg in 99, didn't ride for awhile then got xr650L and road that till I got the fz. I'm afraid I don't know how to put up pics, can any one help with this

Last edited:
Not far from my own laundry list of rides. :tup: I did take 14 years off but not for anything like and accident. I sold the toys and focused on raising the kids. Did not get back into riding until they all turned 18. Got back into this with an '05 FZ6.

I still need help to add pics

When you reply, use the "Post Reply" button or select Advanced mode if you hit quick reply.

Once there, click on the little icon in the toolbar that looks like a paper clip. Browse to the photos on your PC and then upload in that window. The pics will be added to your post as a thumbnail for people to click on. :tup:

Back