nos wet or dry?

fz1974

my 08 fz1 currently dynos at 164 bhp and 76 lbs tourqe i am lookin at nos options for the 1/4 mile. i am just looking for 40 bhp does anyone know what is safe for stock motor or which is more consistant? wet or dry and how much?

Back when I use to race cars, dry was the more safe option (usually induced though the air intake) where as wet was more power, but less safe. Unsure if the same is true.

I did a lot of work checking into nitrous about four years ago because I thought it would be fun to have another fifty or so h.p. on tap with the push of a button. Most companies I contacted were of the "wet" variety. In the end after I had the ability to contact actual users, I bailed out of the idea because of horror stories they had getting it to run right. They all said it wasn't nearly as easy as the manufacturers led them to believe. Then I found out I would have to drive 200 miles to get my bottle filled and the 20 oz. bottle was good for just a couple runs and the fun was over. And the final coup de tat was that it was illegal in Michigan. Before you spend the cash, check with actual users who can fill you in on how it worked for them and what they had to do to make it right.

Back when I use to race cars, dry was the more safe option (usually induced though the air intake) where as wet was more power, but less safe. Unsure if the same is true.

Not sure that one is necessarily "safer" than the other (wet vs dry). Dry systems are typically used with FI engines because they rely on increasing the fuel pressure to make the injectors deliver the extra gasoline. While wet systems inject the extra gasoline and NO2 at the injector plate or nozzle. The biggest advantage I see of a dry system is that it's easier to install than a wet system. Back in the day I ran NO2 in my Camaro and never had any issues other than the bottle going empty too quickly ;)

A wet system is always better but dry systems are safe if you use all the safety parts to keep it from cooking the motor.
The motor will hold a 60hp shot but not for long.
I ran a 40hp shot and it did very well but will stay all motor from now on as the bottle was always empty.It was just too much fun to use the bottle up:)

Back