North Jersey - Sunday August 15th

I think you're looking at it backwards. The route is CW not CCW. But if you want to go CCW, we can take that route. Less slab that way.

Ohh, ok. That makes more sense and will work out good for Billy since he can just split off when we go back across Seven Lakes Dr. Sounds like it will be a great ride :tup:

I'm not sure how good this is gonna look cause I suck at Mapquest. This is a nice loop that comes up the West side of Greenwood Lake, North to go eat at the roadside place, and then down 17A back to 17 and 106. What do you think about this? Maybe someone who's more proficient at mapping can clean it up a little.

SundayRide.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to send this map to my Nuvi 250. This is the link to Sunday's ride. Tony, maybe you can figure out how to send this to the GPS. If I hook my Nuvi up to the computer and browse the unit, the file is on there but when unplugged from the PC I can't find it in the unit. I'm totally scratching my head on this one.

Driving Directions from 184 N State Rt 17 Paramus, New Jersey to Tuxedo, New York

I'm not sure that I can import a map on my GPS either. I did try it in the past w/o success, but never looked into it again. Probably need some third party software to make it happen.

Guys, I started the route but didn't have time to finish and have to run out now. Tony, I'll email the route to you tonight, and you can forward to Billy. See you guys at the cigar store at 830.

Guys, I started the route but didn't have time to finish and have to run out now. Tony, I'll email the route to you tonight, and you can forward to Billy. See you guys at the cigar store at 830.

Sounds like a plan. We'll discuss it further when we meet up tomorrow. I think we have the general idea of the route and should turn out great. Cant wait to ride :D

I got the GoPro all set up for tomorrow. I'm gonna finally test out the gas tank mount that I got from Eric. I also found some helmet mounts for the GoPro which I'll probably attach to the RF1000 if I can find a good spot. They are pre-curved to fit perfectly. I can't wait until tomorrow. I have a hankering for Hot Dogs and a Chocolate Shake!!!:tup:

I got the GoPro all set up for tomorrow. I'm gonna finally test out the gas tank mount that I got from Eric. I also found some helmet mounts for the GoPro which I'll probably attach to the RF1000 if I can find a good spot. They are pre-curved to fit perfectly. I can't wait until tomorrow. I have a hankering for Hot Dogs and a Chocolate Shake!!!:tup:

looking foward to seeing the video hopefully i will be able to go out with you guys soon

looking foward to seeing the video hopefully i will be able to go out with you guys soon

Yea, we had a great time. Rain threatened at times, but didn't really come down. Maybe next time we'll head up towards High Point State Park and you can join us.

Hi Guys! What a great day today. We got to stretch our legs a bit and made it home without any incidents or tickets! I got home at 2 on the dot so I made good time. The videos are uploading on BoobTube as I type. They should be on in another hour or so. I want to wait until the HQ is available.

I want to thank Tony, Josh, and Brian for a spectacular ride! Brian is funny as heck. We definitely have to do this again.

Check back in a bit for some videos. Part II is the great one with one explosive scene!! Hint, hint!!

Yea, we definitely have to ride again soon. Unfortunately, it looks like the rest of this month wont be any good for me.

Here are some pics from when we stopped for lunch. These were the only pics I took. We were too busy riding and having a good time :D

Billy discussing the near death of the Go-Pro camera...lol:
attachment.php

L to R: Billy, Josh & Brian
attachment.php

Our bikes await as we eat lunch:
attachment.php

Okay! Videos are ready!

This is Part I. We had already arrived up at Greenwood Lake and decided to do a lap of the entire lake (About 20 Miles), before we stopped to eat something. I had forgotten to wipe the camera lens so it's a little cloudy. I apologize for that.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZ9kvLRwwU]YouTube - Sunday Run Part 1 On The Yamahas[/ame]

Here is Part II. We had reached the southern most tip of the lake and started to head back north to grab a bite to eat. After a bit, Tony took the lead and I quickly jumped behind him to get some video of his YFZ in action. What I didn't know was that I had a surprise coming which you'll see at the end of this video. All I can say is that I got super lucky!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XyMeUYJi0]YouTube - Sunday Ride Part II On The Yamahas[/ame]

And finally Part III. Part III was shot after grabbing a few hot dogs and shakes at the roadside place that me and Tony like. This was Route 106 which has finally re-opened after years of being closed. All they have to do is repave this road and I will have my new favorite ride! I didn't push too hard here because this was close to where I got my speeding ticket. It's got me scarred for life as I can't bring myself to run hard up in Harriman anymore.:shame:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwXtnDNtUyg]YouTube - Sunday Ride Part III On The Yamahas Route 106[/ame]

We had a great ride today and it was a pleasure meeting Brian for the first time. When we weren't on the bikes, he had me laughing with his brand of humor. Thanks Brian.

Thanks for posting up those videos :tup: That was pretty wild when the camera went flying! I still can't believe it didn't hit the ground.

The only change I want to make is to get the GoPro with the regular lens. I'm tired of that "fisheye" effect. Everything looks too far away for my liking. I hope to maybe get something from this insurance claim before we leave so I can go pick up the regular GoPro and sell this one. Even if I get back half the money I spent on this one will make me happy. You can see the difference between the first two vids and the last one. I wiped the lens off before we left the cafe which is why the last video came out the clearest.

Hey guys, I had a great time riding and hanging out today. The weather was perfect except for a few sprinkles. Billy, those vids are great! You're too hard on the wide-angle. I like it. It gives a more natural feel for the speed of the ride with all the scenery zooming by. Whenever I watch a video filmed with a "normal"-angle lens, it feels so SLOW. I can see what you mean about not being able to see the person in front of you though. Normal-angle would be better for that, but for filming YOUR ride, the wide-angle is better. I would try to keep the wide-angle when you get the new camera if I were you. They both have their use. Until next time!

RE: next ride. I'm free most of Labor Day weekend and all the following weekend.

Back