North Jersey - Sunday August 15th

I'm going for a ride tomorrow morning, leaving Newark around 8 or 9. I plan to head up Route 23 and hit the roads in that area. The weather's going to be great. PM me if you're interested in joining up. Tony? Billy?...That is, if you and your bike are ready to hit the road again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for a ride tomorrow morning, leaving Newark around 8 or 9. I plan to head up Route 23 and hit the roads in that area. The weather's going to be great. PM me if you're interested in joining up. Tony? Billy?...That is, if you and your bike are ready to hit the road again.

Hey Josh unfortunately tomorrow I already have other commitments and can't ride in the morning. I hear the weather is going to be great! We have to get together one of these days. Have fun and be safe...

Hey Josh unfortunately tomorrow I already have other commitments and can't ride in the morning. I hear the weather is going to be great! We have to get together one of these days. Have fun and be safe...

I'm out bud. I work Saturdays unfortunately and needless to say the bike won't be ready until Sunday. Believe me I'd love to if I could. Maybe next time for sure!

I might be able to ride both days ;) Let's see how the weather holds up as we get closer to the weekend. Looking good so far :tup:
What's the saying? "I don't trust the weatherman any further than I can throw him." I say we go early to take advantage of less traffic, fewer lawmen, and lower temps. We could leave Newark around 7:30-8AM, meet up with Billy, and I'll lay out a ~3 hour loop somewhere up in North Jersey. Lunch then head home.

What's the saying? "I don't trust the weatherman any further than I can throw him." I say we go early to take advantage of less traffic, fewer lawmen, and lower temps. We could leave Newark around 7:30-8AM, meet up with Billy, and I'll lay out a ~3 hour loop somewhere up in North Jersey. Lunch then head home.

Sounds like the perfect plan for Sunday morning! I'll bring the YZF1000 since you haven't seen it yet.

I just want to update the weather for this Sunday. In a word....Beautiful. It looks like it's going to be 84 degrees with plenty of sunshine. I'm a definite for a ride. I'm thinking maybe meeting up on 17 North by the Cigar Store, if Tony is going. I'll wait to hear from you guys. I'll be doing a Greenwood Lake ride regardless of who goes. I want to do the entire circumference of the lake on the route Tony spoke of.

I just want to update the weather for this Sunday. In a word....Beautiful. It looks like it's going to be 84 degrees with plenty of sunshine. I'm a definite for a ride. I'm thinking maybe meeting up on 17 North by the Cigar Store, if Tony is going. I'll wait to hear from you guys. I'll be doing a Greenwood Lake ride regardless of who goes. I want to do the entire circumference of the lake on the route Tony spoke of.
Billy, I think we’re on for Sunday. Yeah, weather forecast looks great. AFAIK, Tony and Brian are coming too. Just tell me where exactly the Cigar Store is and we’ll set up a time to meet. I’ll put together a route that includes Greenwood Lake. You really like that road huh? Do you and Tony have GPS? If so send me your email address (I have Tony’s) and I’ll email you the route on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you again. You all healed up?

Billy, I think we’re on for Sunday. Yeah, weather forecast looks great. AFAIK, Tony and Brian are coming too. Just tell me where exactly the Cigar Store is and we’ll set up a time to meet. I’ll put together a route that includes Greenwood Lake. You really like that road huh? Do you and Tony have GPS? If so send me your email address (I have Tony’s) and I’ll email you the route on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you again. You all healed up?

Yeah, I'm all healed up except for a few scabs left over. The Cigar Store is on 17 North, a little North of Route 4 on the right hand side. All I look for is the giant American Flag. Tony knows for sure and will probably let you know.

Yeah, I'm all healed up except for a few scabs left over. The Cigar Store is on 17 North, a little North of Route 4 on the right hand side. All I look for is the giant American Flag. Tony knows for sure and will probably let you know.

Yea, the cigar store that Billy is referring to is JR Cigars in Paramus. it's right next to Paramus Chevrolet, which has the big American flag in front of it. We can certainly go up 17 to Greenwood Lake and then come down some back roads to Rt 94 or Rt 23.

How's this look? "B" is the Cigar Store. We can meet there at say, 8:30, ride the loop to "C", and you can split off wherever you need to to head home. Too short?

That looks pretty good, but we can just take 17 N to Seven Lakes Dr to Rt 106. Traffic will be light on 17 that early in the morning. Billy can head back home on Rt 4 once we complete the loop.

That looks pretty good, but we can just take 17 N to Seven Lakes Dr to Rt 106. Traffic will be light on 17 that early in the morning. Billy can head back home on Rt 4 once we complete the loop.
I think you're looking at it backwards. The route is CW not CCW. But if you want to go CCW, we can take that route. Less slab that way.

Back