Noob in Omaha .. Looking for FZ1

I was on my way to pick up an 05' yesterday. As it turns out someone had already put down a deposit. So I'm still in the market for an FZ1. If anyone knows of a good deal ... I love to hear about it. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska .. so the closer the better, but I will travel.

I was on my way to pick up an 05' yesterday. As it turns out someone had already put down a deposit. So I'm still in the market for an FZ1. If anyone knows of a good deal ... I love to hear about it. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska .. so the closer the better, but I will travel.
Check on Craigslist locally, then do what I did increase the radius you're willing to travel to get in on the fun. I live outside Chicago and just started doing all the big towns between me and any good listings. I eventually found a great '06 outside Columbia,Mo. went down on Amtrak and ghettohound , er Greyhound, and several hours later I was riding home a sweet new bike. Now that we've reached Labor Day, the bikes will really start to come up for sale, I have found and bought a ton of bikes on Ebay, but they've become so damn lame of late that I have a hard time even bothering to look at the auctions. Craigslist, Cycletrader.com, and even just put the make,model, and year you're looking for in your internet browser and see what pops up. The coming weeks should be excellant for buying, be patient and good hunting!

Time is on your side

Don't sweat the small stuff, Bro When it' meant to happen, the right bike at the right price will just happen for you. Don't press, and do not hurry, I know what you're feeling, you want to ride, trust me, you will get to ride, just wait for it to happen. Check out the smaller craigslist spots too, each state has it's own little breakdown of areas, just keep up the search, believe me, I have bought so many bikes in the weeks after Labor day, it' not even funny. After Labor day, you will be surprised at how the prices drop, and how much more flexible people become in negotiations. hang in there, it'll happen:cool:

Back