noob HID projector question

08fazer

hi all

done some reading on HID projector kits but i still have some questions if anyone can help?

im in the uk and cant get an answer if HID projectors and haylo lights are legal or not?

im going to go for projectors and want white ish so was thinking 5-6000k bulbs. should i get 35w or 55w?

i want something like this but for my fazer not cbr

View attachment 14621

do the LED strips and cathode wire into the side lights ?

i know the HID bulbs plug into the oe wires but where does the wire for the solinoid go?

is baking the headlight the only way to get it apart?

sorry a lot of questions but as i have seen a few people on here with HIDs i thought id ask

thanks

scott

hi all

done some reading on HID projector kits but i still have some questions if anyone can help?

im in the uk and cant get an answer if HID projectors and haylo lights are legal or not?

im going to go for projectors and want white ish so was thinking 5-6000k bulbs. should i get 35w or 55w?

i want something like this but for my fazer not cbr

View attachment 14621

do the LED strips and cathode wire into the side lights ?

i know the HID bulbs plug into the oe wires but where does the wire for the solinoid go?

is baking the headlight the only way to get it apart?

sorry a lot of questions but as i have seen a few people on here with HIDs i thought id ask

thanks

scott

I always recommend 35W, because 50W is overkill to me. Light output on 35W is amazing as is.

White color is going to be 5000K bulbs, they will give the best visibility and are pure white.

The accessory lights can be wired to whatever you like. I always suggest a 12V switched source, so that you don't kill your battery by leaving it on, or you can wire it up with a relay.

There will be a custom harness that comes with the projector kit that will need installed, that has the connection for the solenoid.

Baking isn't the only way, but it is the best to get uniform heating. Using a heat gun is dangerous, because you could melt the housing. The oven isn't going to hurt the headlight or any of the components.

I always recommend 35W, because 50W is overkill to me. Light output on 35W is amazing as is.

White color is going to be 5000K bulbs, they will give the best visibility and are pure white.

The accessory lights can be wired to whatever you like. I always suggest a 12V switched source, so that you don't kill your battery by leaving it on, or you can wire it up with a relay.

There will be a custom harness that comes with the projector kit that will need installed, that has the connection for the solenoid.

Baking isn't the only way, but it is the best to get uniform heating. Using a heat gun is dangerous, because you could melt the housing. The oven isn't going to hurt the headlight or any of the components.

Thanls for the reply. Just need to fimd outif they are legal

Yours look ace!

Thanls for the reply. Just need to fimd outif they are legal

Yours look ace!

In Canada if the headlights are not SAE stamped they are not legal. That being said most enforcement won't notice. The other issue is if you bike has to go through inspection. I do car and motorcycle safeties as part of my job and if the lights are not original equipment and don't have the SAE stamp on the housing they will fail the inspection. Check with your local authorities.

Don't be scared of the oven. Just make sure that no part of headlight touches any metal racks or it may melt that spot. I positioned mine on a couple of pieces of hardwood off cuts. Also when separating I had a sharp blade handy to cut any glue that "pulled" You don't want that to snap and stick to the glass etc

I will be selling mine soon, I am working on the FZ1 3.0

let me know when you do... postage may be a bit steep tho!

thanks for the replies everyone

just saw some kits without the projector that come with BI-Xenon H4-3 bulbs that have the active shutter on the bulb. they say there is no need for projectors with these bulbs ? any one know about these?

let me know when you do... postage may be a bit steep tho!

thanks for the replies everyone

just saw some kits without the projector that come with BI-Xenon H4-3 bulbs that have the active shutter on the bulb. they say there is no need for projectors with these bulbs ? any one know about these?

I am sure that we could work out shipping.

Those are Bi-Xenon bulbs only, they are still going to blind people, and will be no better than just straight HID bulbs in a Halogen housing.

Ok cool well let me know when your ready dude .

Im still undecided about this mod as iv read that the police are clamping down on non oe hid kits in the uk

Can i ask whats the plan for fz1 3.0

Ok cool well let me know when your ready dude .

Im still undecided about this mod as iv read that the police are clamping down on non oe hid kits in the uk

Can i ask whats the plan for fz1 3.0

Well, if it helps, this is in the OE housing, so the housing is DOT.

FX-R projectors, dual angel eyes, and better bulbs. The FX-R offers much better output, but their size is always an issue, so I am sure that it will be fun.

It will be the entire headlight housing, retrofitted with Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, 5000K Mini H1 bulbs, 35W Ballasts, and an H4 Bixenon harness. Everything you'll need.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2
Thats sound saves the whole oven thing then lol.

Do H1 bulbs have high and low beams?

Do H1 bulbs have high and low beams?

I have a similar setup, from Rabbitman, so I think I can help. The projectors plug into the stock headlight harness. So, when you turn on the high beams, this activates the shutter within the projector. The projectors will then project (go figure) a much higher light pattern.

So, to answer your question, no, the bulbs do not have hi and low. But, yes, you do retain high and low beams with his setup. In fact they will be amazingly bright!

Hope this helps! --MW

Back