Nolan N87 Review

A glowing review, no doubt.

I actually checked out Nolan's modular helmets before I bought my Schuberth; it was WBW's glowing reviews on their products that made me curious. I was not impressed at all and thought they were cheaply made junk.

I would be interested in trying out this N87 to see how it compares to what I have now but I am not expecting to be blown away or anything.

I'm on my second modular Nolan N104-Evo in Hi-Res yellow and it's one of those helmets that fit snug but you forget you have it on in a few minutes. I wear glasses so modular is the best route for me and the eye port size is huge, no tunnel vision there. At nearly 2/3 of the price of a Neotec it's a bargain and both have the same ratings (no Snell for internal visor or modular).

Build quality is there.

I tried on an EC-spec N87 at the weekend after reading the WBW review. Good looking helmet but I couldn't get the chin strap to sit comfortably. Sizing also seemed a bit small. I take an L (with slightly loose fit) for my old Arai Vector and an M for my Bell. I had to go XL for the Nolan.

If not for the chin strap, I'd have bought myself a new helmet for christmas.

Back