No start, code 12? or......

Hi everybody!:welcome: IMPORTANT TO READ ALL TO POST GOOD REPLY

ME:
I'm newbie in motorcycle repair but I have good base in car, and great sens of learning, reading and apply things...and have some work friend to help me in motorcycle domain (work in car and motorcycle recycling yard). Since a month owning the bike and the beginning of the problem I read the servicing manual trying to understand it, read many forums post... on code 12, crankshaft position sensor, on camshaft postion sensor...and many other potential issues that I possibly haved, I decided to post to help me to take the good direction. I work around 1 hour per day monday to thursday since 1 month. IU have acces to some parts from a r1 2003 and a fz6 2007

THE BIKE:
I purchased last month a FZ1 2006 salvage, Some damage in front upper left fairing, mirror, handle and some scratch on generator cover...nothing big, no electrical damage. The bike have 55 000km (Québec, canada). The bike probably be outside for 2 month after salvage without starting.

PROBLEM CRONOLOGY:
When I received the keys, I tried to start with an another low charge battery and hearing noise from relay many times and no crank result.(at this time, I ''probably'' broke the starter relay) I charged my battery during night... Next day, I try to start with my full charge battery but no cranking result, but code 12 appear DIRECTLY on the speedometer I go in DIAG mode, fing code 12, and 30... clear code, and code 12 come back. When I goes in the the test mode, I coulded at this point, hearing the fuel pump. So after i haved test the resistance of crankshaft position sensor: 432 ohms, good result! But still have code...and i read that i can put the bike on 1st, and make movement front to back engaged in 1st, and code 12 have disappear from the speedometer(not in diag mode) but are still present in the d61; 12 and d62: 1! I tried to start, no cranking!??!! HO!!, so after many time researching, I have ask to my friend to test the starter relay and he jump directly to the two bolt on the starter relay and the bike crank, have start like 3-4 seconds and my friend volontary close the bike. So it was the first time the bike haved crank and start. So I change the starter relay with a good one. I try to start, and the bike crank, start like 1 sec max, and stall, do it again give throttle, crank start a second and stall..............and discharge battery again.

TODAY:
After charge the battery again I still having ''d61: 12 and d62:a on memory and can't erase it. Crank, start 1 second, and stall. The starting circuit cut-off relay is energized (1 clic) and after and another clic is hearing like 0.5 seconde after the first (not energized?????) And when i tried to start the fuel pump is not in function So when I start, I don't have any fuel!!!

SO NOW, THE QUESTION!!!!
What is my problem, my crankshaft position sensor? Camshaft position sensor? The starting circuit cut-off relay?? When I hear the two click from the starting circuit cut-off relay, it's the ecu who volontary cut off the circuit because he have the code 12 in trouble? so the fuel pump is not energize probably at this point. What to do next???

NOTE
The sidestand switch is good, it doesn't crank when i'm in first with sidestand down.

I've would be checking the wiring connections and checking the wiring harness for chafing. So long as it has a good battery.

Last edited:
Back