"NO SPOILERS" Assen motogp race

Ridges

Guys have you seen the assen gp? M1 anniversary was amazing and very good today on this track.. But what about Simoncelli? I'm italian but I'm not italians riders fan only for this reason.. How many podium chances Sic burned with this? 4 maybe 5? And the damage for other riders like Dani and Jorge? Is clear his pressure looking for a first podium that never came but on top class you need be able to use brain during the race! Cold weels and all the laps to do in front..it was really necessary attack like was a last lap? Obviously not! So is he mature enough to ride on top class? I don't think so..

Last edited:
Guys have you seen the assen gp? M1 anniversary was amazing and very good today on this track.. But what about Simoncelli? I'm italian but I'm not italians riders fan only for this reason.. How many podium chances Sic burned with this? 4 maybe 5? And the damage for other riders like Dani and Jorge? Is clear his pressure looking for a first podium that never came but on top class you need be able to use brain during the race! Cold weels and all the laps to do in front..it was really necessary attack like was a last lap? Obviously not! So is he mature enough to ride on top class? I don't think so..

IMHO --- when he went in front of Pedrosa, Dani could have let off the throttle a touch but NO --- he had to hit him. So --- he got what he deserved. :)
I haven't seen the whole race of today yet. Won't be on my TV again until Monday.

Last edited:
I saw the race today and without giving anything away, I feel that Marco and Jorge were just caught up in one of those "racing deals". It just looks bad for him because Marco has been involved in a few incidents lately and it's fresh in everyone's mind. Marco had the inside line on that lefthander and Jorge could have given him a bit more room. I like Marco and think that he will progress as he gains experience and eventually do very well. You know how these "youngsters" are. Very excited and want to win every race. I think you need that kind of drive to do well in this sport. So don't be too mad at him.:)

Just finished watching again, this time when I was more awake ;). I thought he had enough room but was a bit too hard on a tire that wasn't quite ready yet. I agree that it was a racing deal though and might not be such a big deal if Marco hadn't done it so many times in the last few races. I mean no body but Stoner (did I get the right one) seemed to get mad when Rossi took him out in the rain.

You can call them racing incidents but they always happen to the same guy.
He tries to win every race on the first lap and doesn't have any patience.

So far he has wrecked Pedrosa and now possibly Lorenzo's Championship aspirations.

It's not all bad, at least my boy Stoner now has a 28 points lead :)

You can call them racing incidents but they always happen to the same guy.
He tries to win every race on the first lap and doesn't have any patience.

So far he has wrecked Pedrosa and now possibly Lorenzo's Championship aspirations.

It's not all bad, at least my boy Stoner now has a 28 points lead :)

I think he just tries too hard with not enough experience on these more powerful bikes. He certainly wouldn't have lasted on a 500 2 Stroke, thats for sure. Finesse is definitely not in his vocabulary, but then again it wasn't in Schwantz's vocab either. The only difference is that Schwantz usually only took himself out and not another rider. He's just had a bit of bad decisions as of late and unfortunately has not made himself popular in the paddock area. The Yamaha boys were pretty pissed off today. I like Casey's chances this year as it looks as though he has found a comfort zone on the bike now. He's been riding silky smooth the last few races and it shows. I just can't believe all the collarbone injuries this year and how quick they patch these guys up in order to get them back on the track so quickly. These riders have so much "hardware" in them I can't see them getting through the airports too quickly! :D

I'm not agree with the Rossi crash's example.. First Rossi is Rossi and Sic is nobody.. Second a mistake on wet track with a bike completely different from all you have drove beforore is different from Sic situation.. He have a winning bike no doubt! He is always in front after official practices and with 2 pole but on every race he does some stupid thing!He can't control pressure!And you must belive me because I'm Italian: italian's journalist are really masters on make pressure! Every week end:''marco everybody waiting for first podium! What do you think about Dani words? How about conference with lorenzo? You are the favorite tomorrow.'' like an hammer!
Sic came from 125 and is a 250 world champion so he knows well that in Assen,after medium class wet race,tires need some laps to work well.. I was a Sic fan when was 250rider because was fast and funny.. But this guy is arrogant and without education! Remember the conference with Lorenzo: after practices where Sic did something stupid(really?)damaging Lorenzo,I don't remember what,jorge close conference with a semifunny''ok for this time but the next will be bad''and Sic,that must shutted up 'cause had no reason,replicates''for me can be bad immediately!'' ready to fight like a gangster..Horrible scene! So I understand that a ''mad''rider with funny look can like to a lot of people but when you haven't a little bit of humility,you loose the sense of real! Look at Ben: 3 times AMAsbk champion than world sbk champion at first shot..more and more than Sic! But worked in silence without damage other riders,some podiums with satellite yama and today the first win! ''Sic cut your hairs and permit O2 coming to your brain!'' it's a joke but really:everybody makes mistake but learn from an error is essential to don't makes others.. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH:-(

I'm not agree with the Rossi crash's example.. First Rossi is Rossi and Sic is nobody.. Second a mistake on wet track with a bike completely different from all you have drove beforore is different from Sic situation.. He have a winning bike no doubt! He is always in front after official practices and with 2 pole but on every race he does some stupid thing!He can't control pressure!And you must belive me because I'm Italian: italian's journalist are really masters on make pressure! Every week end:''marco everybody waiting for first podium! What do you think about Dani words? How about conference with lorenzo? You are the favorite tomorrow.'' like an hammer!
Sic came from 125 and is a 250 world champion so he knows well that in Assen,after medium class wet race,tires need some laps to work well.. I was a Sic fan when was 250rider because was fast and funny.. But this guy is arrogant and without education! Remember the conference with Lorenzo: after practices where Sic did something stupid(really?)damaging Lorenzo,I don't remember what,jorge close conference with a semifunny''ok for this time but the next will be bad''and Sic,that must shutted up 'cause had no reason,replicates''for me can be bad immediately!'' ready to fight like a gangster..Horrible scene! So I understand that a ''mad''rider with funny look can like to a lot of people but when you haven't a little bit of humility,you loose the sense of real! Look at Ben: 3 times AMAsbk champion than world sbk champion at first shot..more and more than Sic! But worked in silence without damage other riders,some podiums with satellite yama and today the first win! ''Sic cut your hairs and permit O2 coming to your brain!'' it's a joke but really:everybody makes mistake but learn from an error is essential to don't makes others.. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH:-(

No probelm with your English mate, we understand the gist of what you are saying :cheers:

Back