No lights, need help fast! Gen II

Speed4341

I NEED HELP ASAP AS IT IS DARK AND IM STUCK RIGHT NOW. Thank You

so I just walked outside to leave a friends house and went to start my bike and i have no headlights or instrument cluster backlighting. The turn signals, brake light, and other parts of the instrument cluster (lcd's, tachometer, neutral light...) all work. Bike starts with no problems.

Bike is stock except for motodynamics tail light which I installed 2 weeks ago(had no problems after this install) and flush mount turn front signals and led flasher relay which I installed today. During my install I simply disconnected the stock turn signals and tapped into the stock power and ground wires using these.
download.jpg

this is the tail light
2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Yamaha FZ1 Sequential LED Tail Light Motodynamic.com

these are the flush mounts I installed
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

this is the flasher relay
Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Figured that much, hope it doesnt blow again because its a bitch finding a erradic short

I'm fairly sure I Know what caused it. When i had my volt meter out this afternoon checking for power and ground for the flush mounts, I shorted two terminals in one of the electrical connectors. I believe this was the cause.

I'm fairly sure I Know what caused it. When i had my volt meter out this afternoon checking for power and ground for the flush mounts, I shorted two terminals in one of the electrical connectors. I believe this was the cause.

I've done exactly the same thing! At least the fuse keeps anything worse from happening. I ALWAYS carry spare fuses, tape them to the underside of the seat.

Sounds to me like a fuse issue. That's where I'd start at least. I had almost the same thing happen to my XS 1100 a few days ago except it was during the day. turns, tail, brake all worked but no headlight or hi-beam indicator. The fuse for the headlight had fallen out.

Back