NJMP 26 July 2011 Pictures.

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Had a great day considering the temps. Lots of wrecks today the last one was right next to me and scary. I passed a guy going through some eases before the front straight by time I got near the braking zone there was a pack in front and I relaxed to ride out the next couple of turns. turn 1 is a fast right hander the fz is hitting around 140 at the braking makers. Said person came up my inside then realized there was a big pack in front of me.Hit the brakes so hard he managed to loose the front going in a straight line at probable 115 mph, not pretty. I called it a day after that, only one session left anyway.

My goal was body position and I think I improved some. still having a tough time on the throttle side and seem to be "hingeing at the hip. Seems they only take photos in one corner there so here you go. completely open to criticism.

RB8_5862.jpg

RB8_5861.jpg

RB8_5105.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just have not got around to changing them yet.I do like the standard length Rizoma's so if and when I can afford levers I will go with them.

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Nice treat to get out on the track! Some day..... ;)

Form is looking good. It looks like you could put more upper body forward to help the front bite and turn in quicker. I was taught to "kiss yourself in the mirror" and you're spot-on.

I too have trouble leaning throttle side but can easily get into position on the clutch side. I think it is a mental thing with me regarding throttle control... I'm a lefty, are you Johnny?

Great shots!! I am envious!

Form is looking good. It looks like you could put more upper body forward to help the front bite and turn in quicker. I was taught to "kiss yourself in the mirror" and you're spot-on.

"kissing the mirror" is a little easier on a pure sport. The best position is when your fore arms are level with the plane of rotation on the bars. You have the most leverage there. Due to the ergonomics of our bikes that plane is a lot higher on our bikes while the mirrors are almost the same position as a pure sport. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have trouble leaning throttle side but can easily get into position on the clutch side. I think it is a mental thing with me regarding throttle control... I'm a lefty, are you Johnny?

Great shots!! I am envious!

Hey Eric I'am right handed. I'm trying to figure out why getting position on the right side is so awkward. Someone was watching me and they said Im real close to getting it right

Last edited:
Lookin' good!

Get on to the balls of your feet, you are on your arches. Your flippers are out there in the breeze. When you're on your toes you can "dance" on the pegs easier and the bike will transition between your legs easier. This will help with your turn in, and countersteering. You will also be able to feel what the bike is doing better. You have rearsets, right?

It's hard with the stock bars but try to get your upper body it a little lower. Other than that you are lookin good!

Back