nice pants? anyone? ...anyone?

cshrumfz1

One often overlooked, but necessary piece of equipment (for me, at least) is some good quality riding pants...and, I need to replace my riding pants, and I really don't know what to get. Budget is one thing that needs to be kept here...so I'll say at or below $200. I would love some leather ones, but they are likely too pricey/hot for commuting.

Do you guys/gals have any favorites or recommendations for who to choose? :party0011:

I checked out one of the local dealerships (of 2) here in Co.Springs, and wasn't overly impressed. I wouldn't buy from the dealership, and would likely find an online vendor.

My ones that I chucked were Joe Rocket textile ones, they were close to ten years old. The leg zipper blew out...was thinking about getting it re-sewn in, but then the other one started to do the same thing.

I like the textile ones, since I do a lot of commuting, and city riding...so I guess breath-ability is kind of a concern as well...no need to roast at the red lights any more than necessary.:ugh: and even the possibility of use on a track as well. Is there such an animal?

I wear Alpinestars leather track pants.
It's top quality and really comfortable as I've had it for over 10 years and it has survived 3 crashes and is still in good nick.

EDIT: I wear these pants all the time in Summer. I figure it's better to sweat than to bleed.

Last edited:
FirstGear Mesh HT Air overpants... with the wind/waterproof liner in, over a pair of jeans? I use them from 36 degrees to 102 degrees. :tup:

I should just click on the "thanks" to everyone that has replied!

Everyone is just so helpful! (say that with a southern accent to really accentuate it...even with a cute little Southern Belle saying it if you like!!)

Some great links and products. From vendors I have never heard of before.

Thanks a lot! :tup:

Here are the Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 pants I recently purchased. I love the fact you can order them in short version as I have a 29" inseam.
Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0

6844d1310835413-nice-pants-anyone-anyone-2488_phoenix_3.0_pant.jpg

Here is the Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 jacket I bought. All leather in impact spots but Mesh everywhere else. Never had a jacket fit me as well as this one.
Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0[mesh]

6845d1310835413-nice-pants-anyone-anyone-2274_reactor_2.0_jacket.jpg

I got both special ordered from my local shop with no shipping fees for right at $300.

Last edited:
Back