Newbie to the scene

Hello,

I just purchased an 01 FZ1, I've been reading these forums for a couple days, very useful info indeed! I figured I would join as I will likely be asking many questions in the near future. Also, I'm a relatively new rider, 1yr experience.

First question:

Bought the bike for 3,500. Came with cover, lock, headlight conversion kit, various parts and 3 hard bags on frames. 22,000 km, everything looks in pretty good condition.

Fair deal?

Pics

Sorry it took so long, weather has been crap here. I should have stopped more to get it in front of some better scenery but the ride was too good :p

7006865530_0893ba6ae4_b.jpg

7152956057_b2ff3a655e_b.jpg

Welcome,very nice bike! PR2's, great tire.

Now I have to ask, as a new rider do you have good gear? Not just helmet but quality jacket, gloves, pants and boots?

Seems like many new riders skimp on the gear, so as an old Dad and long time rider I try to encourage newer riders to get good riding gear. You are worth it.

Welcome,very nice bike! PR2's, great tire.

Now I have to ask, as a new rider do you have good gear? Not just helmet but quality jacket, gloves, pants and boots?

Seems like many new riders skimp on the gear, so as an old Dad and long time rider I try to encourage newer riders to get good riding gear. You are worth it.

Well yes and no... I have boots, glove, jacket and pants. I dont wear the pants, they're not terribly comfortable for long trips. Next investment I guess. My HJC isnt the highest in safety rating so maybe an Arai or shoei as well... :S pricey pieces.

Where did you snap those, Sid? Bike looks great

Thanks, that was in Manning Park on the #3. Rode out to Kelowna on Sunday around 10am. Crowsnest through to Osoyoos, 97 up through Penticton and Kelowna, then over to Merrit and Coquihalla back to Hope and home before dinner.

Got the new tires on Saturday, rode to Squamish and decided that wasnt enough :p

Back