Newbie to forum

Howdy from Brisvegas, Australia riding an 06 FZ1N , got cleaned up 4 months ago , car did a u turn in front of me, was minimal damage but written off, me, bones in my foot got smashed, on the mend now, the bike , i brought back for a third the price and as we speak am rebuilding it( seen in my pic), threw in a pic of my bikes, hope you like, cheers

Cheers wsbtt! Nice to have another from Oz here. Sorry to hear about the off but glad to know your mending well and the bike lived to ride again with you!

Looks like quite a project. Are you making any major changes along the way? More pics when you have some time? Thanks!

Heal fast, wrench well and ride safe! (Damned cagers!!)

Got a few mods in the works, 05 R1 rear shock,( racetech enhanced) raise the rear sets for xtra ground clearance, moved horn ( was in the way of my front stand, was mounted over the hole in the steering head stem) polished up my triple clamps , may paint with anodized paint, not sure, and im repainting the whole bike to look like the Abarth Fz1 ,thats it for now, oh yeah , and maybe paint the wheels anodized gold ,maybe, still sussing it out
Anyone like my little yellow box, made from ali just clips on where the passenger seat goes , made it so i didnt have to take a backpack, i think i was just bored at work, sticks out a bit

nice

Got a few mods in the works, 05 R1 rear shock,( racetech enhanced) raise the rear sets for xtra ground clearance, moved horn ( was in the way of my front stand, was mounted over the hole in the steering head stem) polished up my triple clamps , may paint with anodized paint, not sure, and im repainting the whole bike to look like the Abarth Fz1 ,thats it for now, oh yeah , and maybe paint the wheels anodized gold ,maybe, still sussing it out
Anyone like my little yellow box, made from ali just clips on where the passenger seat goes , made it so i didnt have to take a backpack, i think i was just bored at work, sticks out a bit

The self fabricated rear sets look great, I suspect you may have other members wanting to employ you. The rear box looks very useful, nice job. Did you use the seat pan as a guide for the underside, and the hardware? If you are going to do the Abarth colour scheme then the gold wheels makes sence.

:welcome:

Bike looks great. You walking OK yet? We get city people on my rural loop once in awhile pulling a U turn in the middle of no where causing problems for bikes.

Your crash in the city or like the above?

Anyway, I had a U turn babe crash. Following her, she goes right, I go to pass, BUT she then does the kook U turn thingie. I was doing slower than you, so no injuries. Bike ok, overall.

I never trust the cage in front of me and always think the worst. Several times already this year, I've been saved by simply stopping or slowing and letting them get it sorted out first.

I'm never in enough of a hurry to try and guess what they will or will not do. What I do watch though is their mirrors, head and front wheels. Are the wheels cutting? Are they looking around like they want to be somewhere they currently are not? can they see ME in their mirror? Have they made eye contact with me?

When absolute doubt is there, I give two quick BEEPS of the horn and take a slow wide path around them. :D

Yeah had a spare seat with a tear in it, so kept the foam and used the rest, sits pretty firmly in place though, yeah i guess gold would be good hey

Bike looks great. You walking OK yet? We get city people on my rural loop once in awhile pulling a U turn in the middle of no where causing problems for bikes.

Your crash in the city or like the above?

Anyway, I had a U turn babe crash. Following her, she goes right, I go to pass, BUT she then does the kook U turn thingie. I was doing slower than you, so no injuries. Bike ok, overall.

No not walking properly yet, still a bit of pain, yeah it happened three doors up from my house (city) , dam neighbours !!:shoot:

I never trust the cage in front of me and always think the worst. Several times already this year, I've been saved by simply stopping or slowing and letting them get it sorted out first.

I'm never in enough of a hurry to try and guess what they will or will not do. What I do watch though is their mirrors, head and front wheels. Are the wheels cutting? Are they looking around like they want to be somewhere they currently are not? can they see ME in their mirror? Have they made eye contact with me?

When absolute doubt is there, I give two quick BEEPS of the horn and take a slow wide path around them. :D

Yep i think thats a good plan of attack

well that's not very bonzer!

Yeah ol'matey musta had a few long necks down the booza, would help if he had a captain cook before he turned, no prob she'll be apples, thats what karma is for, next time he'll be the bludger cummin a gutsa and takin a ride in the ambo, not the sort of neighbour you'd invite to a barbie for a few long necks and some snags hey

Last edited:
more mods

Finally got the R1 shock fitted, too easy!!,used a piece of 50 x 50 solid ali cut it to shape using a hole saw and a band saw, and a couple of bit of 10 mm plate drilled and tapped m5 holes to hold it together as well as weld it shuld be strong enough, kept stock dog bone and triangles, ended up being 5mm longer than the old shock, cant wait to try it out, also put the rectifier on the opposite side to where it was, using the same fixing holes and put a fan on it from a AMD cpu and hook it up to the ignition so it comes on when the bike is running, NEXT:noworries:

slick

Finally got the R1 shock fitted, too easy!!,used a piece of 50 x 50 solid ali cut it to shape using a hole saw and a band saw, and a couple of bit of 10 mm plate drilled and tapped m5 holes to hold it together as well as weld it shuld be strong enough, kept stock dog bone and triangles, ended up being 5mm longer than the old shock, cant wait to try it out, also put the rectifier on the opposite side to where it was, using the same fixing holes and put a fan on it from a AMD cpu and hook it up to the ignition so it comes on when the bike is running, NEXT:noworries:

You're a handy guy with fabricating. Nicely done. I like the rectifier fan idea, good idea for a hot climate. Might want to do a ride report update on the shock once you get mobile.:tup:

Yeah ol'matey musta had a few long necks down the booza, would help if he had a captain cook before he turned, no prob she'll be apples, thats what karma is for, next time he'll be the bludger cummin a gutsa and takin a ride in the ambo, not the sort of neighbour you'd invite to a barbie for a few long necks and some snags hey

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

You're a handy guy with fabricating. Nicely done. I like the rectifier fan idea, good idea for a hot climate. Might want to do a ride report update on the shock once you get mobile.:tup:

I put the back wheel on an sat on it and the difference was so noticable, felt smoother whereas the standard one was stiff as and hard, yeah we dont get much snow here in brizzie , our winter days hover around 20 deg C add 10 for summer (average)

I got some of that but I think I need a translator :)

Back