Newbie to Forum

Hi all (or "fitlike" as we say up this way!)

New to the forum so saying hello:wazzup: I have a black 2008 FZ1N (pics will follow later!!) and am very pleased with the bike.
Thinking of mods for future, change the can and fit a Power commander, Tail tidy. Also thinking of touring with the FZ1N this coming summer. Anyone have any experience of touring on the F1ZN such as a comfortable daily mileage, etc.
Many thanks in advance for any info.

Best regards and safe biking,

M.T.:)

Welcome to the forum and look up a forum member "gunny". Someone who is alot closer than I am....similar setup I believe as well....

Adam

Hi & welcome, I've ridden my US '08 FZ1 for several hunderd miles on a summer day and it really covers ground. The seat is surprisingly comfortable even after several hours. There is a lot of wind noise with the small stock screen above 60 mph so I use fitted earplugs. The best thing is the fuel consumption drops at stead high speed so range goes up.

John

I toured last summer on a trip of a tad over 6000 miles. I had a Vstream windshield for better interstate speed protection, used a duffle bag on the passenger seat for baggage, and used 500 miles/day as an average distance. If I kept the speed to about 65-70 MPH I managed just about 40 miles per gal. You won't have any problems touring. Make sure you have good rain protection in case you need it. Ride-on

You have a beautiful country, but ya gotta 'tour' to find the sunlight, like Spain, I guess. But doesn't Spain ride on the opposite side? That'll freak me out, for sure.

:welcome: and congrats on the bike. Hope you stop back in with those pics! :D

Touring is great on the bike. Search for touring here and see what you get for hits. Lots of great ideas and innovative designs!

Hay, welcome......I don't know any Scotish jokes...so's I cant razz you..lol.... I'v got a friend on the north western coastal area that has Military vehicles as a hobby, looking on an atlas at the terrain and roads, I bet it's a excelent place to ride when the weather is shining. Well a hearty WELCOME.....Rich..

Back