New V&H Gen II Exhaust

Yea I'd have to agree it looks hot, but based on my past experience with the V&H Classics I currently have on my 1100 Shadow for 2 yrs now, it gets annoying on long rides. Funny I thought it was kool when i first got it.

Already sold the stockers to a fellow forum member. Hey they say "Once Bitten Twice Shy" That's why I have refrained from putting a slip-on on the FZ so far, but MAN!!! is it tempting.

Buy my Mivv, so I can grab up the VH ;)

vance and hines CS One

i like it !

vance and hines said it should be available through dealers by the end of november to early december.

they have also told me its only been fitted on 2009-10 models and wont fit an 07..... ?

yamaha hasnt changed anything that would make it an issue have they ?

i like it !

vance and hines said it should be available through dealers by the end of november to early december.

they have also told me its only been fitted on 2009-10 models and wont fit an 07..... ?

yamaha hasnt changed anything that would make it an issue have they ?

To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed on the exhaust side between the 06-08 models and the 09-10 ones. Could just be a case of V&H being cautious since they actually didn't try it on any of the other model years.

To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed on the exhaust side between the 06-08 models and the 09-10 ones. Could just be a case of V&H being cautious since they actually didn't try it on any of the other model years.

+1 Yamaha FZ1 06-10 are identical in specs, to my knowledge the only changes have been to the ECU.

Good looking can. I was just on the Vance/Hines website looking at this unit. It seems like the EXUP cables are attached to the mid-pipe. Anybody notice this? Does that mean the EXUP is retained with this can?

Last edited:
Good looking can. I was just on the Vance/Hines website looking at this unit. It seems like the EXUP cables are attached to the mid-pipe. Anybody notice this? Does that mean the EXUP is retained with this can?

You can clearly see that the EXUP cables are disconnected. They were just probably using that bike to take pics and didn't want to bother removing the cables since the stock muffler was going back on. Impossible to keep the EXUP with any slip-on as it's attached to the factory pipe. Once you remove the factory muffler off comes the EXUP.

Jamie James...!!!

OWO1VH_91.JPG

Last edited:
Love it!

This can is absolutely gorgeous. Would it be street legal or way loud?
I’m so close to ordering one but ebay and motosuperstore's pictures looked way different from the nice, small and tapered one on the Vance's web site. I just don't want to have that other big triangular cannon show up at my door lol

Back