New to me!!!

screamingbuick

I picked up my new to me 09 FZ1 today in Forte Oglethorpe GA, it had 1812 miles on it, I spent 2 hrs in a sunny HOT parking lot putting luggage racks on (courtesy of Old School), wiring up my Garmin GPS, mounting SATANs pegs and figuring out how to mount my new soft luggage without messing up the paint. First ride was 100 miles to Duluth County for some Cisco training. Spending 2 days here and then driving the new beast home to Massachusetts, hope to get a few pics along the way, but we'll see. Thank you everyone for the advice I've been getting prior to picking up the bike. Wooohoooo going to ride to Cisco class this morning.

One quick question when do the radiator fans kick in, I sat in 2 miles of bumper to bumper traffic and notice a couple times it got up to about 218 degrees and then dropped back down. Not sure of the road temp, but it was brutally hot. :woot:

I picked up my new to me 09 FZ1 today in Forte Oglethorpe GA, it had 1812 miles on it, I spent 2 hrs in a sunny HOT parking lot putting luggage racks on (courtesy of Old School), wiring up my Garmin GPS, mounting SATANs pegs and figuring out how to mount my new soft luggage without messing up the paint. First ride was 100 miles to Duluth County for some Cisco training. Spending 2 days here and then driving the new beast home to Massachusetts, hope to get a few pics along the way, but we'll see. Thank you everyone for the advice I've been getting prior to picking up the bike. Wooohoooo going to ride to Cisco class this morning.
:woot:

Sounds like a good time to me! Congrats' on the new machine/ love affair :poke: :)

Made it home

Well I made it home with the new bike, 1063 miles and can't wait to get on it again, maybe for not that long a ride right away though. Only had one close call last night, pouring rain doing about 50 in heavy traffic, some woman decides to change lanes and almost takes me out, can't really blame her though she had a big blind spot, HER FRICKIN CELL PHONE WAS ON THAT SIDE OF HER HEAD!!! once she realized i was there with my horn in her other ear, she raised her arms, like asking why the hell was I there, ummm trying to get home #^#@%. Other than that, it was a nice ride. Only a couple pics, road a lot in the dark, which was actually pretty nice, except the big rigs kept getting in my way so I just had to pass them all, lol. Hey one thing none of you guys told me was, these bike have a tendency to creep just a bit over 65 when your not paying attention, is there a fix for that, every time i looked down at GPS or gauges I was doing like 85, probably why the rigs kept getting in my way. Soon as i find my camera cable I'll post a couple pics. Hey and thanks for all the help leading up to this adventure, really appreciate it,

Bob

Let the fun begin

Glad to hear you got it home OK. Riding at night can be great when you aren't dealing with heavy traffic or lots of animals. The lights on the FZ are great compared to anything that I have previously piloted. The FZ's speed only creeps up because it is such a blast to ride fast. It brings out the speed freak in its rider.:poke: Now the real fun begins, lets see those pictures.:)

Glad to hear you and the bike are back safe! :tup:

As for your problem... well, there really isn't a fix for it until you get the first blue-light special. Then, it seems to settle down and run closer to the 65 mark, at least for a while. ;)

blue light special

only had one cop look at me on the way up and he was on a motorcycle, that pulled up next lane over and gave me the slow down a bit sign and then continued past me and off the exit, wehhhh, close one.

Very cool, thanks for sharing the pictures. Is it the light or is your bike black? I thought you were getting a blue one. Looks great none the less. You look like you are having a good time.:sinister:

Back