New Tires

markowinnipeg

It is time for a new front tire, I currently am running pirelli scorpian syncs front and back and I have to say getting around 10,000KM on a front tire.
My question is I am thinking about switching to Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT and wondering:
A) can I run this in front witht he Pirelli in back (have at least one more season on back). A friend who was a Ducatti race machanic says will not make a difference but have heard otherwise?
B) how do the pilots run compared to the scorpians?

I ride about a 100 km per day, half highway (120 - 160kph range) and half stop and go city.
Thanks

I would stay away from the Power 2ct. I personally run the Pilot Road 2 and love them. I have friends that tried the Power 2ct and hated the grip when heeled over. If you want a true supersport tire run the Power pure, more sport touring run the Road 2 or 3. You won't have a problem mixing tire brands front to rear. All of this is just my opinion by the way!

I would give the Pilot Power's a shot. Not the 2CT. I ran regular PP's on my Gen 1 and really really liked them.

I am about to mount up a set of Dunlop Q2's to my Gen2 this week, got a smoking deal I could not pass up. If I don't like them, I am going back to the Powers.

As long as your considering Michelins, why not the latest and greatest, Pilot Road 3s

I'm putting on a pair this week some time. They can be a bit hard to find, but they're out there. Good reviews, too.

(I really liked the Pilot Road 2.)

Just remember, you can find 100 people who love a particular model of tire and another 100 people who hate the same brand.

Decide your needs, set a budget and pick one. They're all black, they're all made of rubber and they're all basically the same. You're the only one that will know which tire is good and which tire is bad.

Just I have ran Dunlops and a couple of other over the years, some not so good in the wet others poor wear. I like the pirelles but very expensive in Canada and I can get a really good price on Michelins shipped to Canada though Jake Wilson

It is time for a new front tire, I currently am running pirelli scorpian syncs front and back and I have to say getting around 10,000KM on a front tire.
My question is I am thinking about switching to Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT and wondering:
A) can I run this in front witht he Pirelli in back (have at least one more season on back). A friend who was a Ducatti race machanic says will not make a difference but have heard otherwise?
B) how do the pilots run compared to the scorpians?

I ride about a 100 km per day, half highway (120 - 160kph range) and half stop and go city.
Thanks

I just tried a set of 2CT's in the twisties and they were great. I felt very confident in the grip and they never slipped. I'm not sure about mileage since I don't care. I have also ran a 2CT on the front and a Corsa III on the rear without a problem.

Michelin makes a ton of sporting tires for riders of different persuations. I'm a relatively easy going sport rider compared to some guys who ride a lot harder than I do and my wear on the tires show. I don't think I've ever had a set of tires that didn't get at least 6000 miles and the tires on my bike now have over 12,500 and I think I'll be able to get another thou. or so even though I alread have my new tires in the garage waiting to be put on. For my style of riding, my rear usually starts to have a flat center as the front starts to go smooth but keeps it's round shape. I always replace both tires at the same time even though they may have different levels of wear. I also keep the tires as close to stock brand and model as I can because I feel that both the tire manufacturer and Bike manufacturer took into account how the tire was going to perform when it was matched to the bike. That being said, there are single material tires and now double and tripe material tires made to combat the stresses of hard riding on the edges and the number of miles put on the centers when they may encounter far more miles on the center part even though the higher stress is on the edges.

As long as your considering Michelins, why not the latest and greatest, Pilot Road 3s

I'm putting on a pair this week some time. They can be a bit hard to find, but they're out there. Good reviews, too.

(I really liked the Pilot Road 2.)

Had my Pilot Road 3's for couple weeks now. LOVE EM!

Im using 2CT's as i came from an R6 to the FZ and still want to go tearing round the twisties when the mood suits and any tyre will do for the 2 up boring upright roads.Most sports bike riders i know run the 2CT's.

As said above ,its personal preference as everyone has their own opinions and ride differently.

I recommend that you choose a brand, find a tire that suite your preferenses and stick with it. Then you will learn how they work on your bike and you will be more and more secure in your riding. You need a few seasons to learn a tire so changing type every other season will put you back to scratch.

And if you ask us you will get as many ansveres as there are users on this forum.

/AGM

Back