• Bridgestone S20

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Bridgestone 023

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Mich PR2

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Mich PR3

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Other (Please make recommendation with rational)

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, like a lot of things, it depends on the user. Smooth inputs are the key. But, I do recommend haveing a "track" set and a street set.

Changeing your own is a learning curve. Can you damage your rim? Sure. But its hard to do. Usually, the worst thing that you do is scratch it, not that big of a deal. And this is a skill that will serve you for years to come. Check out YOUTUBE, watch some vids. Youll see that its not rocket science.

Its all about the learnin grasshopper.

I did a school/track day with Metzler Roadtech Z6s and they performed fine for me. I was not pushing it hard at all as I was working on technique versus speed. I normally have dedicated track tires as I want to be able to push as hard as I want on the track; however, this day I had to ride to the track and home as I didn't have my truck.

In a perfect world, I would have two sets of tires/wheels for track days... but if the OP can't afford it, he can't afford it and will deal with the compromises. Most people (unless they ride over their limits) do not push it at all on their first track day. There are many exceptions but if he is worried about the limits of his tires, it is doubtful that he will try and find them.

Back