new rider- OH

Hello all I'm from Columbus, OH and have been riding for 5 years or so now. Started out on a Honda rebel 250 then spring of '09 bought my 2006 fz1. Already receiving good help from people on here, look forward to more. Also a member on OhioRiders. Glad to meet fellow fz riders!

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. The "Rebel" 250 was my first bike as well, many moons ago. I outgrew it in about 14 hours! I loved the gas mileage though. You'll be happy with the FZ1, just don't forget one day and twist the throttle thinking your on the Rebel. That wouldn't be good. Haha!

I have taken MSF several times over the years for refreshers and to keep my insurance discounts. The 2nd time was in the mid zero's when I had my CBR 600 F4i. In that MSF class I rode a Rebel 250 the entire weekend and by the end of the weekend it started to feel "normal."

When I went home and jumped on my CBR I felt like a was squatting down atop a bar stool. Knees touching my chin. It made me wonder what the heck I was doing on that CBR.

That feeling quickly faded as soon as I entered some nice curvy roads. ;)

It was definitely a welcome change coming from the rebel, but now I can finally go on long freeway rides without worrying about my bike buzzing apart. More fun in the twisties was also a welcome addition, dragging pegs a couple times on the rebel was more scary than fun. My dad owns the rebel now and I still ride it from time to time, and I do miss the awesome gas mileage, but the moment I get on the fz it's all worth it. They are great bikes, and this seems to be a good community too.

Here's a pic of my bike as of last summer, only the tires have changed.

creedmoorfan-albums-bike-picture1657-a.jpg

I'll try to get some more up soon, hopefully with some better scenery :D

Last edited:
Back