New plugs now bogs when snapping throttle

Matt C.

Just put in NGK Iridium plugs and when I cranked the bike it sounded fine. Just like normal. Blipped the throttle and it bogged then caught back up. Plugs are in correctly and coils are snapped in good.

My mods: no cat or flies, slip-on, PCIII with Duke's Perfection Map, BMC filter and cut airbox.

Any help?

Matt

Well I took the bike out for a little spin to see how it rode and after about a mile of blipping the throttle, it seemed to fix itself. No more bogging at all. The bog was at about 2.5 to 4K. I know the bike doesnt make much juice there, but this wasnt a lack of power, it seemed like it was flooding and then caught back up. Its gone now so Ill see what it does next time I ride.

Sorry for the pointless thread

Matt

I had the exact problem. My problem was that i had one lose plug. Before you install the plugs you should give it starter for a couple of seconds to blow any crap out of the engine, it won't start just turn over.

I have the fuel line mod but I didn't have the tank up or disconnect the battery. I was told by some techs at work to be careful gapping iridium plugs. I'm not sure what happened but it ran great after about a mile. Im kinda stumped. Hopefully I'll get to ride this evening and will report back

Thanks

Matt

Back