New Owner Here

Hello all. I just purchased a 2003 FZ1 to ride as a commuter bike. Not knowing much about the FZ1's, I purchased based mainly on the power, condition, and ergonomics of the bike.

I got it home and realized the previous owner had repainted it from blue to white/red (noticed a small chip revealing the blue underneath), this isn't a big deal as it will be for commuting mainly. I love the bike, it's got the power and it handles great. I also ride a 2005 HD Road King.

Last edited:
Hello all. I just purchased a 2003 FZ1 to ride as a commuter bike. Not knowing much about the FZ1's, I purchased based mainly on the power, condition, and ergonomics of the bike.

I got it home and realized the previous owner had repainted it from blue to white/red (noticed a small chip revealing the blue underneath), this isn't a big deal as it will be for commuting mainly. I love the bike, it's got the power and it handles great. I also ride a 2005 HD Road King.

Welcome Tacpro! Glad to have you here. Lets see a shot of the new paint job. Is it a "retro" scheme maybe?? Best of luck with your GenI. You wind up using it for more than just commuting!:D

IMG_0481.jpg

Very nice! I'd repair the chip. Welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do plan on doing something with the paint down the road, for now some white electrical tape is keeping the paint from chipping off anymore. It's not very obvious actually under the right passenger hand hold.

A few minor mods planned but mainly just cosmetic, relocating the mirrors, signal lights, license plate bracket, and a slip on in the future as well. Great bike!

I used the "cheaper to get to work on a bike" excuse when i bought mine to. lol. Everything just fell together around me getting the fz and love it. Looked at a bunch of bikes and was going to go with a cbr. Put in the application and instead of waiting there i ran to the yamaha dealer. Found my 08 fz1 may 2011 on the showroom floor for 7200, 30 seconds after i signed the paperwork on it honda called for me to come finish the paperwork. I say it was meant to be.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I do plan on doing something with the paint down the road, for now some white electrical tape is keeping the paint from chipping off anymore. It's not very obvious actually under the right passenger hand hold.

A few minor mods planned but mainly just cosmetic, relocating the mirrors, signal lights, license plate bracket, and a slip on in the future as well. Great bike!

Sand it tiny bit with 1500-2000 wet sand paper and apply some clear coat to prevent further chipping. That color scheme looks great!

Great looking Gen I with the retro theme. Nice find! :tup: Congrats and welcome!

Hey, I'm admittedly not an HD fan but two wheels is two wheels and if it was the only bike left to ride, well...... ;)

Hello Tacpro,,,what a coincidence, I just purchased a 2003 FZ1 also. No retro colours for my ride just stock silver. But a beautiful bike none the less.

:)

WELCOME!

I too picked up a 2002 FZ1 to be my commuter bike a few months ago. So far it is working out great as a DD for me.

As to the paint, I must say I love it, looks very good. Do whatever you can to keep that paint job.

Back