New Member - Which Bike?

well up to 34000 miles now and still love her...She'll be 4 in July and so I'm thinking of getting a new bike.

To be honest, if I didn't have a silly rule in my head to say I have to try a different make/model bikes i would probably get another one (although I think I would get the faired version).

I'm thinking of the Z1000SX as that is an all rounder and I have not had a Kawasaki before but it'll have to be the muts nuts to be as good as the FZ1.

Decisions Decisions...

Welcome Neil!

The FZ1 is a well-rounded bike that can go and do almost anything you wish to do with her. This bike will cruise, tour, track, carve and go flat-out fast. The ergonomics of the FZ1 is what I'd call a Standard. Sit up with handlebars and a slight lean forward. These are built more for top-end riding and she changes into another beast at about 7500 RPMs where she loves to live, from there to red-line. The FZ1 is very easy to maintain. If you are looking for a hole-shot bike or one that can stunt, this isn't the bike.

I own a 2009 and find no issues with buzziness or vibrations that cause issues with any parts of my body. :D

What is a typical ride like for you? Will this be a commuter or a weekend fun bike or a mix of both?

Recommended upgrades for someone who will track the bike:
  1. Rear shock (Ohlins or Penske)
  2. Heavier fork oil or new front springs
  3. modified sub-throttle plates (free)
  4. Full exhaust system to replace CATs and free up the air flow
  5. rearsets to raise the pegs and set them back
  6. steering stabilizer
  7. 5 - 8 mm drop in the front legs
  8. better tires than stock!

Hope this information helps but feel free to ask the Gen II owners any specific questions you'd like an answer to.

Happy hunting!
what he wrote :smoking:

Back