New Member - Which Bike?

As far as I'm aware, they've changed the fuelling slightly on the 10 model and they've got slightly different colour schemes. TBH the change to the 10 model weren't enough for me to justify the extra expense.

I read something in either Fast Bikes or Superbike magazine that mentioned the 10 model having the 16 valve head off the 2006 R1 rather than the 20 valve head off the earlier models. In not sure if this is the case, though.

All I can say is bloody hell... :wow:

I loved it.

Going to sleep on it as promised myself I would not sign there and then but I am definitely going to get my self one of these puppies.

The FZ1 just blew me away....Felt really planted to the ground and the power was bloody brilliant. It handle the twisties just lovely and the brakes are good.

Can't wait to put an order in now.

Cant stop Smiling :)

All I can say is bloody hell... :wow:

I loved it.

Going to sleep on it as promised myself I would not sign there and then but I am definitely going to get my self one of these puppies.

The FZ1 just blew me away....Felt really planted to the ground and the power was bloody brilliant. It handle the twisties just lovely and the brakes are good.

Can't wait to put an order in now.

Cant stop Smiling :)

Good to hear you liked it!

I'm no sure where you're based but try giving Sean at West London Yamaha a bell, they've got a couple of low mileage ex-demo bikes available at the moment with some pretty good savings over new. They still do the 3 years 0% on ex-demo's as well.
I've not got anything to do with them but I've bought my past three bikes off them and they've always looked after me :)

Let us know how you get on with it!

As far as I'm aware, they've changed the fuelling slightly on the 10 model and they've got slightly different colour schemes. TBH the change to the 10 model weren't enough for me to justify the extra expense.

I read something in either Fast Bikes or Superbike magazine that mentioned the 10 model having the 16 valve head off the 2006 R1 rather than the 20 valve head off the earlier models. In not sure if this is the case, though.

Engine has not changed at all for the 2010 model year. Blacked out pegs and other bits, plus remapped ECU are the main changes.

I went to the local dealership wanting to buy a z1000 and came home with the FZ1. I think I would have been happy with either.

Well, I have covered about 1400 miles on her now and really like her so no regrets on the bike choice..the small tank range is a little frustrating but boy can she shift. just spent three days touring Wales and can't stop smiling.

Gonna have to get some sort of gel seat though as my butt is sore.

If anyone get an opportunity to ride some Welsh roads i would highly recommend it:tup:

Congrats Napa! Post up some pics of your "Black Beauty" when you have time.

Apologies as I am crap at taking pictures (i always forget) but the 2 I did get from my camera phone are below:-

Fully loaded before the tour:-

A typical Welsh view...such a lovely place:-

Can't wait for the next mini tour...Thinking maybe Scotland or Yorkshire Dales :)

Napa

Well, I have covered about 1400 miles on her now and really like her so no regrets on the bike choice..the small tank range is a little frustrating but boy can she shift. just spent three days touring Wales and can't stop smiling.

Gonna have to get some sort of gel seat though as my butt is sore.

If anyone get an opportunity to ride some Welsh roads i would highly recommend it:tup:

That's a coincident, I have just returned from North Wales at the weekend, and your right the roads were fantastic. I did it on a 06 FZ6 Fazer maybe we passed by each other! It was my last ride on the bike though, I pick up a brand new FZ1 Fazer tomorrow, I got a good deal on an 09 ABS model with 0% over 3 years. I hope that I haven't made a mistake, I really enjoyed the roads on the FZ6, with the engine spinning over 10,000! I decided to change it though because I'm looking for more low down grunt, and its 4 years old with 24,000 miles on the clock.

Steve

I live near Oxford. Heres a picture of the model I brought its Lava Red with the black rear.
View attachment 3748

Its the only one they had, but I quite like it. I see yours has a belly pan. What make is it? I can't make up my mind whether to get a black one to match the rear or a red one to match the front!

I live near Oxford. Heres a picture of the model I brought its Lava Red with the black rear.
View attachment 3748

Its the only one they had, but I quite like it. I see yours has a belly pan. What make is it? I can't make up my mind whether to get a black one to match the rear or a red one to match the front!

There are some nice roads outside Oxford...Nice and twisty!

Your bike looks nice....Was considering an S rather than an N but preferred the look of the naked so went that way in the end. when doing speed i do wonder if i should have gone for an S. Never had a faired bike so don't know how much different it makes?

The belly pan and screen are powerbronze and are ok. Not bad quality, looks ok and fairly easy to install.

Laters and ride safe mate

I have covered 18500 miles now and I love her more every time I ride her.. People have started saying when and what my next bike will be here...I'm still in love with this one so will be keeping hold of her for a while longer.

The best thing I did was changing the gearing -1 front (16) and +1 Rear (46) with standard chain. Really makes the bike feel better round the twisties (in right gear for rpm/speed ) and quicker getting to a 100 too. you lose a few legs at the top end but i dont use them anyway.

What a great bike..... :rmwl:

Back