New member welcome thread...

Only got this picture from the online advert for now but will post some better shots :tup:
FZ1.jpg

Dang we get the boring paint jobs in the states!

Hello fellow FZ owners

Name's Audie. Just joined today and already I am impressed with the site. Got lots of help on my first day...what a change from other forums.

Own an '08 FZ1 (see my avatar), which I LOVE. Just a few bolt on goodies, nothing serious. Don't plan on doing much more to it, just a dyno tune and maybe have the suspension built. It's fast enough for me right now. Bought it new in 08 for my 47th birthday...my son actually talked me into the FZ over an R1 (good choice). I live about an hour north of Seattle. I work installing and maintaining electronic equipment on ships, mostly tankers and cargo ships, but a few others as well. I'm retired Navy, since '98. My other toy is a 1993 RX7, also mostly stock, aside from the 2800 watt stereo. Got some horsepower mods planned for the RX7 over the winter.

Last edited:
RE: Welcome !

Welcome !!:hug:

Great choice ! I owned an '06 R1 25th Anniversary model. Wonderful bike. Gobs of power. Killed my back, knees, and wrists in that order . . .. . sold that one and picked up an Gen-1, FZ1. Now I am happier and that makes my wife happier . . . .

Hello

Hi,
The name's Wendell. New here but not new to the FZ1. I've owned my '03 FZ1 since '05 and I am a member at FZ1OA also since '05. I feel stupid to say this but I've only discovered this site today :doh2:.
Anyways, I hope I can contribute as well as gain from this forum. I like that it has an International 'flavour'.

Feel the love!

I love this site. Devoted to a most deserving machine. I havent yet gotten tired or sore, the ride only ends cause I get where I'm going! It is cool to hear other people who appreciate this wonderous machine and join the forum!

Noob to the forum, but not to riding.

My name is Jeff. I have been riding for over 35 years. Have had a variety of motorcycles including a brief stint on the dark side. (2008 Harley Dyna).

When I sold it, I was torn between and FJR and an FZ1. Found the FJR first, so I bought it last summer, then two months ago found a sweet 2007 FZ1 in black, so I bought it too. ( the wife rides a 900 Bonneville, so she's cool with it all)

When I got it, I had the Copperdawg speed screen, Yamaha Gel Seat, MIVV exhaust and CRG bar ends.

I swapped out the CRG for some Rizoma reverse retro mirrors, did a tail chop and have a nice smoked tail light with integrated turn signals.

If anyone is in the western suburbs of Philly, shoot me a message and let's ride.

I love this site. Devoted to a most deserving machine. I havent yet gotten tired or sore, the ride only ends cause I get where I'm going! It is cool to hear other people who appreciate this wonderous machine and join the forum!

Love the name Fizzy. Very cool. I've made some pretty long trips on the FZ1 as well, but with many stops due to a bad dorsal ligament. Even still I enjoy the heck out of the bike. Welcome to one of the best forums I've ever been a member of. :)

Hello

Hi All,
This is Mahesh Kora from distant Bangalore in India. Bought the White Yam efzee this August after long deliberations considering the local conditions here. Should say its the best SBK available in the country which meets the conditions in here.

Just completed the break in period and she has never disappointed me so far. Been riding motorcycles over the past 12 years. Started out with the old treasured Yamaha RD 350.

Any other questions do post them straight away.

Hi,
Brian from Hollister, Kalifornia (aka, Earthquake Capital of the World).
Been riding street bikes for 22 years. After a recent get off on my 03 SV1000s, a friend is giving me a steal on a 2001 Fizzer. I'm flying down to Los Angeles next weekend to pick it up.
It's bone stock except a luggage rack. Besides sliders and a carb kit (and, maybe sprocket% change, depending on how it rides), I'll probably keep it that way.
After 3 fuel injected bikes, I'm going to have to get used to carbs and chokes again. :banghead:

Anyway, cheers and look forward to learning from you guys.
:cheers:

Hi,
Brian from Hollister, Kalifornia (aka, Earthquake Capital of the World).
Been riding street bikes for 22 years. After a recent get off on my 03 SV1000s, a friend is giving me a steal on a 2001 Fizzer. I'm flying down to Los Angeles next weekend to pick it up.
It's bone stock except a luggage rack. Besides sliders and a carb kit (and, maybe sprocket% change, depending on how it rides), I'll probably keep it that way.
After 3 fuel injected bikes, I'm going to have to get used to carbs and chokes again. :banghead:

Anyway, cheers and look forward to learning from you guys.
:cheers:

Welcome Brian! Glad we're gonna have you along. I just sold my 01' and miss it dearly. I'll be picking up another this coming Spring. You won't be disappointed with it, carbs or no carbs. I don't think you'll be having to worry about the choke either. How cold does it get in Hollister??? Here in the Northeast, I was good without choke down to the mid to upper 40's. Make sure to post up a shot of the new ride when it arrives! Thanks for joining.

Hi All,
This is Mahesh Kora from distant Bangalore in India. Bought the White Yam efzee this August after long deliberations considering the local conditions here. Should say its the best SBK available in the country which meets the conditions in here.

Just completed the break in period and she has never disappointed me so far. Been riding motorcycles over the past 12 years. Started out with the old treasured Yamaha RD 350.

Any other questions do post them straight away.

I myself have not been here long but welcome to the FZ world. How in the world did you find one in India? I'v been to Goa several times so I could relate to your riding wohs. Good luck.

Hi all, My names Eric and I joined Monday. I got back into riding this year after moving to Texas from Michigan.
Thinking I wanted a Cruiser and that an 1100 would do as well as my last 1100... an XJ1100 I picked up a 98 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer. It didn't take long to remember 1100 V twin is not an 1100 inline 4. That mistake was corrected today
with a 2003 FZ1.
I'm mostly a lurker but I'll post up If I can help
And I'll Post up with more info on the bike in a few days.
Thanks for all the help so far.

Welcome Brian! Glad we're gonna have you along. I just sold my 01' and miss it dearly. I'll be picking up another this coming Spring. You won't be disappointed with it, carbs or no carbs. I don't think you'll be having to worry about the choke either. How cold does it get in Hollister??? Here in the Northeast, I was good without choke down to the mid to upper 40's. Make sure to post up a shot of the new ride when it arrives! Thanks for joining.

Thanks.

Normally not terrible cold, maybe a few days in the low 20's at worst, but it was 44f when I left the house at 7:45 this morning.
I'll make sure to post when I get home with her.

Back