New member welcome thread...

Hello everyone, My name is Tim. I had a 05 FZ1 for about a year and traded it for two four wheelers for my kids. Ended up purchasing a 06. I have about 26,000 on it now. Hope to have some good conversations with each of ya on here.

My name is Gary, and I am an FZ1 rider.

I live is dusty Arizona, where we can ride most of the year if we feel the need to.
My current ride is a Silver 2003 fz1 with not many mods,but I am looking into that.
My past rides were a '74 HD Electra Glide, 76 Suzuki GS400 and a '79 Yamaha XS1100 Special.

I am new to the Sport bike field, but loving every minute of it. Yes, even in rush hour traffic. I'm a big guy (6'4, 275lbs.) , and the FZ moves right along without so much as a hint of hesitation.

I look forward to reading all the information provided here and elsewhere to further my knowledge of these awesome works of machinery.

\m/ G \m/

My name is Gary, and I am an FZ1 rider.

I live is dusty Arizona, where we can ride most of the year if we feel the need to.
My current ride is a Silver 2003 fz1 with not many mods,but I am looking into that.
My past rides were a '74 HD Electra Glide, 76 Suzuki GS400 and a '79 Yamaha XS1100 Special.

I am new to the Sport bike field, but loving every minute of it. Yes, even in rush hour traffic. I'm a big guy (6'4, 275lbs.) , and the FZ moves right along without so much as a hint of hesitation.

I look forward to reading all the information provided here and elsewhere to further my knowledge of these awesome works of machinery.

\m/ G \m/

Welcome Gary! I too am a GenI owner and am also loving every minute of ownership. You will be happy to know that you'll find a wealth of info here as well as very friendly FZ1 owners that are always willing to help out in the good times and the bad ones as well. We have a monthly Member's Bike Of The Month Contest here on the site so take advantage by snapping a great photo of your new ride and posting it when the contest starts. The winner each month has their photo on the home page for the entire next month.

Hey Guys

Phil here from Oz, bought a 2010 FZ1S about 2 months ago (i know my tag is OzziFZ1N but i was excited at the time) 53 and decided i needed some excitment back in my life. Have come of a string of BMW,s and still have a R1100S - K1200GT. Man this is the the most exciting bike i have riden. Power, handling and a great riding position for an old guy. I started to transform her, and with after markets so expensive in Australia have been buying pieces from PJ,s,Pashnit,Twisted Throttle,Speed Bleeder,Powerlet,Copperdawg,Soupys and of cause EBay. (There is some great stuff from China). I will post some photos as soon as i work out how to navigate the websit, most of my communication is still done by fax.

Anyway was in the States about 2 years ago, my son was at UCLA and we did a grand tour in about three weeks. I see one of you guys was a NY police man and have a story about new years eve. We rocked up to times square about 8.00
and was told it was impossable to get in if we didnt have a prepaid ticket, so this cop says to us come back at 11.30 and i will walk you in so you can have a look.(i,m thinking year sure we go,we come back, your not here end of story. So we came back and this guy was still there. The crowd is huge and we a stuck way back behind the barriers. He sees us and waves us in.

We walk with this guy and he takes us right into the middle of Times Square. Were standing there with all the cops and looking at all the people stuck behind the barriers. He then says OK have fun and walks off. We saw that ball drop from as close as you could get. Best night of my life ever and one i will never forget. Americas great and im getting back ther soon.

So back to bike - I love it, i want to bring into the house so i can look at it while i watch television.

Will post photos soon.
Be good boys. Phil

New with the forum

Hi,

My name is Adam, live in NJ, I have 04 FZ1 in Blue color and I love the thing to ride. Not much time to do it on weekends but I use it as commuter to and from work.

Thanks for great forum, loads of helpful tips and I see great people always ready to help.

Soon I will post some pix.

Thanks.

Hello,
I recently sold a wr450 and got a 2007 black fz1 with 3400 miles. It is pretty cool so far. I'll save you some reading because most information is in my board profile. Any questions feel free to ask!
Thanks,
Ben

New Australian member

Hi everyone, my name is Richard and I have had my blue 2008 FZ1S about a month now and now I know what all the fuss is about! What a fantastic bike!!! I live about an hour north of Sydney at a quiet beachside place with my wife (and 2 sons when they are not travellin the world). I am 57 and have had bikes all my life ( 30 or more ) and after a recent bicycle prang that gave me a "dicky" neck, I decided it was time for a sit up style bike ( last 3 bikes were SV1000S, GSXR1000 and ZX9R ). The only mods done so far are slip on SP engineering exhaust ( from UK...love the look and sound...has removeable baffle ), and evotech fender eliminator. I have also put a good aussie sheepskin cover on the riders seat which has transformed the butt comfort, and a non slip cover on the pillion seat...my wife who is 5feet 4inches and about 52 kilos ( about 115 lbs) loves the FZ1 passenger comfort with the grab handles and relatively low footpegs. This is a great forum with a mine of useful info...thanks to those run and maintain the site...lovin this bike..I cant keep off it!!! rick54

FZ1 convert!

Hi peeps,
I'm from Norwich, England. I'm picking up my 2009 FZ1N next week after spending the last two years on a 2006 R1 and a year before that on a 2008 GSF650 Bandit.
I love my R1 to bits but it has become far to uncomfortable on long or inner-city rides.
So I tried a fair few bikes (Speed Triple, Z100, CB100, CB1300 and VFR800) and finally tested the FZ1. As its got the R1 engine and frame I felt at home straight away. The used model I found had a Akrapovic exhaust, power commander, scottoiler already fitted and 6000 on the clock so its an awesome bike to start with :tup:
I can honestly say I've had more fun testing the FZ1 than I've had on my R1 for the last two years!
Really cant wait till next week!! :UK flag:

Hi peeps,
I'm from Norwich, England. I'm picking up my 2009 FZ1N next week after spending the last two years on a 2006 R1 and a year before that on a 2008 GSF650 Bandit.
I love my R1 to bits but it has become far to uncomfortable on long or inner-city rides.
So I tried a fair few bikes (Speed Triple, Z100, CB100, CB1300 and VFR800) and finally tested the FZ1. As its got the R1 engine and frame I felt at home straight away. The used model I found had a Akrapovic exhaust, power commander, scottoiler already fitted and 6000 on the clock so its an awesome bike to start with :tup:
I can honestly say I've had more fun testing the FZ1 than I've had on my R1 for the last two years!
Really cant wait till next week!! :UK flag:

Welcome "King", glad you made it over to our wonderful site. Congrats on the FZ1 as your final choice. You won't be disappointed as you already probably know. Make sure to post some shots once dhe arrives!

Only got this picture from the online advert for now but will post some better shots :tup:
FZ1.jpg

greating's from cali!

HI i have a 08 fz1 i got her in 4-16-11 i was hit by a suv on 1-11-10 i am the poster boy for taitainium,left hip,left leg,right shoulder broken neck in 2 places,shatered left wrist i was on my 85 700 virago,wen i was t-boned by a 18yr old kid on his cell he ran a stop sighn!it took 1yr 6munths to recover and ride again doctors said i coudnt ride bikes again, or walk i said im hawaiian im stuburn!i learned to walk again, i learned to fly r/c heli's from my wheel chaire gave up my pills, my doctors gave up therapy ,and i bought a new show room condition 08 fz1 with 2,700miles the dealer wanted $10,500 i told them about the accident ,and they said they wanted to be the ones to get me on a bike again,and got the bike for $7,500 out the door and delivered for free! now i have 12,00miles and comute on her every day ,and i go road rideing twisty's 2 times a munth ,work alot,but i just got these metzler m5 sport tech tires and im so impressed i have no warm up time,and have so mutch grip wen im 45 degrees leaned over my grip feels like im straight up ! weel see how long they last! :cheers:

Welcome hilo69. Sorry to hear about that nasty accident, but great to hear you had the determination to ride again. Congratz on the FZ1 ;)

Back