New member welcome thread...

Tests were so difficult that they couldn't get a license until they took tests more than five times or so.
But nowadays it is easier than ever.
In Japan, in order to get a license(for bike over 400cc) we must take lessons about 12hours at driving school and it costs about $1300 typically.
It's hard and expensive compare to your country?

Here in the U.S. you basically have to study the "Rules of the Road" hand book, and then take a written test. You have to pass an eye test and, you have to demonstrate proficiency with your motorcycle in the parking lot at the D.M.V. (Department of Motor Vehicles). That's about it. It doesn't cost much. I forget how much, but most people that I know take the M.S.F. safety course which takes place over several days. Then they go to the DMV to get the actual license.

Welcome aboard fellow newbie. :)

Here in the U.S. you basically have to study the "Rules of the Road" hand book, and then take a written test. You have to pass an eye test and, you have to demonstrate proficiency with your motorcycle in the parking lot at the D.M.V. (Department of Motor Vehicles). That's about it. It doesn't cost much. I forget how much, but most people that I know take the M.S.F. safety course which takes place over several days. Then they go to the DMV to get the actual license.

Thank you for the in-depth explanation.
Someday I want to bike in USA where the roads are long ,wide and straight.

By the way,your bike looks so cooool!:flash:

Hi everyone.:cheers: My name is kuri. I'm Japanese.
I own 10 FZ1 FAZER(JPN) black which is only 94 horcepower.
But it's suitable for me because I'm beginner of riding the bike.
It has been only 2years since I got a driving license.
Sorry for my poor English.:bowdown:

Hi Kuri and welcome to the forum. I hope that life is getting back to normal after the tragedy you guys had to endure. I'm sure it will take years to get on track but I'm hoping it's sooner. You have a sweet bike there. It's too bad that they regulate the power of your literbikes in Japan. There must be some kind of "mod" for that by now, isn't there??

Thats a great shot of your bike with the wind turbine in the background. You should enter it in the Contest we have running here on the site.

Hi everyone.:cheers: My name is kuri. I'm Japanese.
I own 10 FZ1 FAZER(JPN) black which is only 94 horcepower.
But it's suitable for me because I'm beginner of riding the bike.
It has been only 2years since I got a driving license.
Sorry for my poor English.:bowdown:

It is my understanding that you can un-restrict he horse power on your bike. Not sure what fines you might get from the authorities if you did though. ;)

Thank you for the in-depth explanation.
Someday I want to bike in USA where the roads are long ,wide and straight.

By the way,your bike looks so cooool!:flash:

Right back at you, Kuri. You can never go wrong with your basic black naked street bike. Every after-market part you buy can be any color you want, and it will always stand out. With a bike like yours though, I would think you would be headed for the mountains. We have no shortage of straight roads over here so, I always try to find the roads with the most curves. I pretty much try to find the most scenic route to get were I am going.

I also noticed the windmill in the background. I live in the middle of a wind farm. There are over 100 of them and the stems are about 350 ft tall. The blades are about 150 ft long. They put out about 1.5 - 2.0 megawats?

Those puppies are huge!

Hi Kuri and welcome to the forum. I hope that life is getting back to normal after the tragedy you guys had to endure. I'm sure it will take years to get on track but I'm hoping it's sooner. You have a sweet bike there. It's too bad that they regulate the power of your literbikes in Japan. There must be some kind of "mod" for that by now, isn't there??

Thats a great shot of your bike with the wind turbine in the background. You should enter it in the Contest we have running here on the site.

I am deeply grateful to you for your kindness.Most Japanese have been getting back to everyday life,so you need not worry too much.But thousands of people are being forced to live at refuge and the problem of the nuclear power plant has not been solved.As you say,it will take years for all Japanese to get on track.We are going to face up to the harsh reality and make the best of it.

On another note,mod? Mod means modify?If so ... I have not modified so much.Screen of zero gravity,engine slider.But recently I've ordered YOSHIMURA's Slip-On R-77J.I'm very looking forward to getting it.
FZ1 FAZER????? : 08-?/FZ1????? : 08-? Slip-On R-77J????? EXPORT SPEC/??????????????????
Sorry.only Japanese.
This is the image.

Right back at you, Kuri. You can never go wrong with your basic black naked street bike. Every after-market part you buy can be any color you want, and it will always stand out. With a bike like yours though, I would think you would be headed for the mountains. We have no shortage of straight roads over here so, I always try to find the roads with the most curves. I pretty much try to find the most scenic route to get were I am going.

Thank you for replying.Our Japan is narrow and doesn't have long long straight roads.On the other hand,there are a lot of mountains nearby.So after riding about an hour,we can always have fun of twist ride. Crying for the moon each other?

I also noticed the windmill in the background. I live in the middle of a wind farm. There are over 100 of them and the stems are about 350 ft tall. The blades are about 150 ft long. They put out about 1.5 - 2.0 megawats?

Those puppies are huge!

100 windmills?stems are 350 feet tall and blades 150 feet?marvelous size!

new on the forum

Hi guys. I just joined today, and I'm from Oslo, Norway. So if my english is bad, you know why. Owned a 07 Fz6n s2 last year, and bought a 09 FZ1 in january this year. It was a 106hp bike, but with some 0,75mm2 wire and pressing on the speedo-buttons i manged to get it up to 150hp. Trust med it works.

I joined the forum to share my thoughts and experience, and also to learn a thing or to.

N0rdy

Hi guys. I just joined today, and I'm from Oslo, Norway. So if my english is bad, you know why. Owned a 07 Fz6n s2 last year, and bought a 09 FZ1 in january this year. It was a 106hp bike, but with some 0,75mm2 wire and pressing on the speedo-buttons i manged to get it up to 150hp. Trust med it works.

I joined the forum to share my thoughts and experience, and also to learn a thing or to.

N0rdy

Welcome Nordy, glad to have you along. Throw some pics up when you get a chance.

And Happy Birthday as well!!!

My Name is Chris and I am a bikeaholic!

Born in Trinidad, the West Indies, halfway through the last century, I inherited the love of two wheels from my English Father and like him I started racing BSA 173cc Bantams age 11 on the USA 2nd World War Air Strips on my Island.

I was sent to Boarding school in England aged 14 and bought my first big British bike "1950 Velocette Venom" aged 15 and that bike is still raced by my nephew in Norfolk England in the Classic class.

I rode all over the world ending up in Australia in the early 1970s and am now on my 64th and 65th bikes now, a 2003 Yamaha FZ1 and a 2008 Suzuki 1250 Bandit.

There is no better country in the world for two wheels and now into my 60s both myself and my wife cover about 50,000 Kilometers a year mostly on the Bandit but when we want to "take it to the limit" we hit the "Highly Modified FZ1" turn our IPods on to "Meat Loaf and the Village People" and put our lives in the hands of God.

Bikers are what God really meant when he/she put Man on this Earth, and we should not disappoint him/her, we are kind, charitable, loyal, loving and most importantly adventurous and full of fun just like he/she meant us to be.

We love you all.

Hello riding brethren! I've been a member of the Yamaha FZ1 Owner's Association for several years (under the same username.) I was made aware of this forum via the Facebook group.

I ride an '02 FZ1 I bought new. It's just shy of 100k miles and running very strong still. My wife & I have ridden the bike to the lower 48 continental US and have also completed an Iron Butt Bun Burner together (1,500 mi in 36 hrs) with our bike.

Cheers ~ SO FUN (Indy)

Back