New member welcome thread...

My name is Jerry, i'am new to this forum and the FZ1. So far I really like this bike.

Welcome aboard Jerry. It's great to have another FZ owner aboard. You'll be able to find tons of info here on the site and have a great time with our members. Tell us a little about your bike and maybe shoot up some photos for us to see.

2009 fz1

Well, I've already been around for a few months and made a few posts. Not new to bikes or MC forums, I grew up around bikes and had one or ten throughout my life but at 50yrs old, this is my first liter sport bike and so far I love it.

I've already done the slip-on, lars, AIS block, Pipercross filter, FP stacks. Just waiting for a few extra bucks to do the PC3 or PC5.

BTW: It's not often that you find a forum as rich with helpful info and helpful people as this. Nice place. I think I'll hang around a while, if you guys can put up with me (LOL).

Phil :cowboy:

hello all, just got an 02 fz1 today after taking alot of year off from riding. i am 45 now so hopefully a bit wiser than i was in my mid 20's so i should be able to keep the wheels on the ground. i am in portland or so if there are any other riders in the area and want to hook up let me know. this bike is alot more civilized than the katana 1150 i had back in the early 90's. any tips on the gen1 will be appreciated.

G'Day,

My name is Michael I am 40 next month, I purchased my FZ1 (2003 - Yellow and Black) in 2005 in Brisbane. From the first time I sat on it I know this was the bike I wanted to own.

I have put about 50K on it since purchase and it's my daily driver except for when it's raining, it's bad enough with the cars on the best of days here in Brisbane let alone when it's raining.

Looking forward to chatting to you all at some point....

Cheers
Michael

new fz1

My name is Mike and I am writing from Newfoundland labrador. Just picked up my new 2010 FZ1 last week. Can't wait to start using it, but we still have a lot of snow on the ground. Not really sure how to use the site yet but I will get the hang of it after a awhile. If anyone has any pointers for me before I start using the bike please let me know.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Robert, and I just purchased my 2008 FZ1. I am 22, but have had quite a few bikes in the past. My first bike was when I was 7 or so, it was an XR80 dirtbike. I rode dirtbikes until I was 15, when I got a Honda Nighthawk, from the nighthawk there was a Buell blast, then a GSF600X Suzuki Bandit, then Yamaha FZ6, then a 2009 CBR600rr, and now back to the yamaha FZ1.

All in all, I think I'm going to stick with this bike for quite some time. The FZ-6 portion of the forum was much help, and I expect this forum to be the same.

I look forward to the help and MUCH needed wisdom!

Ride safe!!!

Welcome to all our new members! Make sure to post up a few photos of your bikes! Also, keep us up to date on any mods you do on your bikes. Video and photos even better here when documenting your mods! ;)

Hey the name is Jake Gunn and i just recently upgraded from a 1981 honda goldwing to a 2008 fz1 lol. The fz1 has been the bike i have dreamed about for many year and im proud to say i finally own one now!!:sport12:

NOOB ALERT!:party0011:

I just got my '05 FZ1 with 7474 miles on it. It is the first bike I've ever owned, so this has been 20+ years coming. It has a jet kit and a smaller front sprocket, which I'm told wake it up a bit. It is a bike I'm growing into, and will probably never have the guts to top out.

I did my first addition: a mechanical cruise control. That made a huge difference for my weak hand...

I did my first "repair" which was on the advice of this forum--fixing what I thought was an oil leak, but turned out to be just chain lube thrown onto the crankcase. Thank you FZ1 Forum!

I'll try to not be a total rookie out there...

Back