New member welcome thread...

New guy from New Hampshire

Just bought a nice 2007 FZ1 in the dark blue color.

Has quite a list done to it:

Full Yosh system
Airbox mod
Velocity Stacks
Ivan's throttle plates
PC3 & Ignition module
Manual cam chain tensioner
Brand new Pilot Road 4's
9,800 miles

Love the bike so far. It's a lot to get used to, I'm coming from various Harley's, a KLR650, and an SV650. This is by far the fastest thing I've ridden. Previous owner did all the kids and then traded it in to a Ducati dealership locally.

Anyone else that's well versed in these bikes live in my area, Seacoast area of New Hampshire? I'd love someone to take this for a ride and give me their opinion. Something feels or sounds off but it may be normal. I'm thinking it may be an Airbox type sound. Only at low RPM when twisting the throttle quickly. Rolling it on slow and no noise at all. Weird.

Thanks guys

Ian

Welcome to the forum! I would be interested to know more details about this noise you're hearing

Good Morning My name is Mike. I ride a 2013 FZ1 rocket ship. Two Brothers Pipe, KandN and Power Commander bought it brand new and love it....
I Live in Wisconsin just across the crick from Minnesota.... As soon as I figure out to load pics I will.
Cheers
Wide Open till you see God then hit the brakes!!!!!
Mike

Hi all
My name is Brian. I just bought a stock '06 Fz1 to add to my '15 Bolt. Love 'em both.
Will get to the perf. upgrades when scratch permits. Am in Rochester NY and love cruising the finger lakes here in western new york.
Long time motorcyclist out for years and back in now.
Saw this on the side of a Excess 1100 recently..."Nobody's ever seen a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office."
Loved it!
Keep the rubber side down, and be safe out there among the smartphone idiots.
Regards to all,
Brian

Hi all

Hi there, I'm from outside of Philly. And after being off and out of the M/C for too ling, found myself a nice 2002 FZ1 with 16,000 miles. Bone stock. (not for long).

Can't wait to start putting in seat time. Maybe the blood pressure will finally come down a bit. Lol

So I know I'm going to do it, just not this minute, but I've seen that Ivan's is the way to go for fueling. Now for exhaust. Does anyone still make a complete exhaust for this?

New here from UK, looking to buy FZ1 soon!

Hi guys,

Greeting from United Kingdom.

I'm from Birmingham area in the United Kingdom and having recently solf my 1999 VFR800 I have now decided to buy 2008 FZ1-S, o that would be either half faired or fully faired model.

I do regular commuting and love long distance touring and was a bit hort of power on the VFR but in addition to the power I also wanted a reasonably upright riding position as well as a bike that ws agile and not too heavy so I could do all the antics I love to o by getting on and off curbs and going a bit off the road at times. I concluded that Fazer or its later model FZ1 would give me a everything that I need. Just a little apprehensive about wind protection and hence started looking in to forums to see what people think about its "wind comfort" on long distance.

Also one other burning question I have is about the difference between half faired and fully faired FZ1, can the lower fairing be added to the half faired version or is it not as simple as that and there are more differences between the two versions?

Going to view a 2008 FZ1 tomorrow and if all goes well I will putting up a Pic here soon.

cheers

Kacha Biker

New rider!

Hi guys!

New member here from ontario canada. First time riding a bike and first time buying a bike.
Currently have a 2011 Yamaha FZ1. Has few mods, will post some pictures shortly!

Looking to get into some track time as well as knowing the best mods for these bikes.
Couple months in riding this bike and its been a blast to ride.

Hi guys,

Greeting from United Kingdom.

I'm from Birmingham area in the United Kingdom and having recently solf my 1999 VFR800 I have now decided to buy 2008 FZ1-S, o that would be either half faired or fully faired model.

I do regular commuting and love long distance touring and was a bit hort of power on the VFR but in addition to the power I also wanted a reasonably upright riding position as well as a bike that ws agile and not too heavy so I could do all the antics I love to o by getting on and off curbs and going a bit off the road at times. I concluded that Fazer or its later model FZ1 would give me a everything that I need. Just a little apprehensive about wind protection and hence started looking in to forums to see what people think about its "wind comfort" on long distance.

Also one other burning question I have is about the difference between half faired and fully faired FZ1, can the lower fairing be added to the half faired version or is it not as simple as that and there are more differences between the two versions?

Going to view a 2008 FZ1 tomorrow and if all goes well I will putting up a Pic here soon.

cheers

Kacha Biker

Hi guys!

New member here from ontario canada. First time riding a bike and first time buying a bike.
Currently have a 2011 Yamaha FZ1. Has few mods, will post some pictures shortly!

Looking to get into some track time as well as knowing the best mods for these bikes.
Couple months in riding this bike and its been a blast to ride.

hi all I have fz1n 2013 gen to some mods live in perth western australia

Welcome to you all! Glad to have you guys with us here. :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Hello everyone

Just picked up a 2006 fz1 with 16000. Not my first bike but first efi so kinda excited. I'm from Minnesota and joined this site hoping to meet ppl near me plus get great information from members.

Attachments

• IMAG2529.jpg
    IMAG2529.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. I know it's winter now but I'll be interested to hear your first ride review when you're thawed out over there. :)

Hello,

Swedish guy here. Bought my blue 07 fz1 one year ago. Love it!
Have done "most" mods on it since. Due to damn winter wheather I havent been able to ride for over 2 months...sucks

I love my new gen 1

I picked up a new to me 01 FZ1. I love it, I was on the fence about a litre bike as I haven't been riding for a few years, I had a shadow as a DD in highschool but it is a superb fit and it is super well mannered, but still incredibly fun.

Thanks, I most definitely will. I love my fz1, but I just had to. If I could I'd keep the fz, but it would probably just collect dust. The mt-10 is an absolute hooligan, and I love to ride it like I stole it. Reviews later

Skickat från min HTC 10 via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back