New member welcome thread...

G'day from Oz

Hi all,

Mac here, coming over from the FZ6 forum, I put a deposit on a 2013 FZ1n yesterday!

I live in Newcastle, Australia.
I ride 5 days a week plus a 4 hr romp on Saturday mornings.
I have been averaging 25,000k (15,500 miles) a year.

Looking forward to the step up to the 1 :sinister:

Cheers,
Mac.

Attachments

• FZ1 White.jpg
    FZ1 White.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 81
2007 FZ1 in Texas

Hi all. New to the forum and thought I'd check in. 2007 FZ1 in need of new front end. Going to do the R1 fork upgrade. Already found a ton of good info on the bike here. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Hello,

Live in Adelaide South Australia, just bought a 2013 FZ1 its brand new they don't seem to sell well over here it was heavily discounted.
I bought it as a cheap track day come race bike, got lots to do to prep it so will be surfing this site looking for info.

I own a few other brand bikes and looked at KTM 1290 and the Tuono but could justify spending that kind of $ the FZ1 seemed like a lot of bike for the money.

Hi Newbie to this forum.

I am looking at getting an FZ1N for my wife, and me to ride now and then.. I am in Melbourne, Australia.
Looking for lots of great help and info Cheers

Well I haven't been around much lately I had moved to Florida from Maryland about a year ago and have been settling into our new home over the past 3 months.I still have the FZ and get out on it once in a while but to be honest down here scares me. There are those people who know where they are going so they fly, those who have some idea but don't realize it til the last minute and then just turn out of the blue and then the really bad drivers who have no idea what planet they are on let alone where they are going...lol

Howdy all

Stu here from South Africa.
Been riding for about 15 years, mostly smaller cc bikes.
My 08 FZ1 is my first litre class bike. Had her for 7 months now
and loving every ride.
I used to commute a lot, but now I'm more of a weekend warrior as I don't need to commute anymore,

Hoping to pick up some good tips and advice from the forum and give any insight that I may have :Rockon:

New Member Thantos

Hi everyone. My name's Thantos, and I live in Cana, Va. Cana is in the southwest corner of the state. We're (my wife and I, and 5 dogs) about three miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. We moved here from Jacksonville, N.C., after I retired from the Marine Corps. I've been riding for 41 years, 37 on the street. I'm a former MSF rider coach, and an avid rider. In that time, I've owned over 70 bikes, and currently care for a '96 BMW R1100rt, '14 Yamaha FZ09, '00 Honda XR200 and an '08 Yamaha FZ1. I work as an aircraft inspector for an MRO in Winston-Salem. I've really enjoyed the FZ09 as my daily commuter, and have 23k on her thus far. I wanted to try an FZ1 to use as the two up mount, replacing the BMW. If this happens, it will be the first time in 20 years that there hasn't been at least one Beemer in the stable! I find lighter motorcycles more interesting, particularly ones with sufficient power. I bought the FZ1 in late December, and have already put about 1k on her, just to make sure everything's good!

8c8e2dd712e839a90f7e14dfc7a54ceb.jpg
e60989d039b17b4003e05be31d1f551d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean! We don't normally get much more than a dusting here.SAM_0022.jpg Oh well, It's a good day to work on the bikes. Lonney, you've reminded me to feed the birds!

Last edited:
New My first FZ1 not my 1st bike.

Screenshot_2016-01-14-16-22-08-1.jpg

Just got this beauty 2006 11k mi 4k :) Bought in Florida. I'm from MN. I'm going to fly down and ride her back!

Back