New member welcome thread...

New member coming off of a 2005 VFR800 (and previously a 2006 SV650S, 2002 ZZR1200 and 93 Ninja 500). Have been throwing more and more 'needed' mods at this bike...and I haven't even ridden it yet. (Bought it in January and trailered home, POs drive way snow covered.) Small 32 degree, wet ride down to the notary for 2 miles at 40 mph is all I've done, but just that little bit had me grinning.

New bike is an '07 FZ1 w/ a host of modifications from the PO and now me...

Hello!

I just bought a new 2013 fz-1. I live near state college, pa. I have been a licensed electrician since 1996. I have 2 grandsons, 5 yrs old and 3. (the next generation of riders). My last ride was a zx-6r, and this is a very nice upgrade that i will enjoy sharing with my son. I am looking forward to corresponding with you all.

New member coming off of a 2005 VFR800 (and previously a 2006 SV650S, 2002 ZZR1200 and 93 Ninja 500). Have been throwing more and more 'needed' mods at this bike...and I haven't even ridden it yet. (Bought it in January and trailered home, POs drive way snow covered.) Small 32 degree, wet ride down to the notary for 2 miles at 40 mph is all I've done, but just that little bit had me grinning.

I just bought a new 2013 fz-1. I live near state college, pa. I have been a licensed electrician since 1996. I have 2 grandsons, 5 yrs old and 3. (the next generation of riders). My last ride was a zx-6r, and this is a very nice upgrade that i will enjoy sharing with my son. I am looking forward to corresponding with you all.

Welcome guys! Two more FZ1 riders from PA, nice!

Welcome Akuma hopefully we are done with the snow now !!

Welcome Porschman
What kind of porsches do you have ?

Hi all,

Just joined, I bought an 09 Raven last night and look forward to learning from the collective :)
I sold my fjr1300 yesterday as well, it was an 05 with several farkles. But due to the wife's health issues, I did not get to do long distance trips as I had hoped when I bought it 3 years ago:(

So , I decided to switch to a more fun bike for daily riding, commuting, and the rare day trip to the mountains nearby. It was nicely modded by the PO and I look forward to rippping through the gears some ;)
Mark in Winston Salem, NC

Hi all,

Just joined, I bought an 09 Raven last night and look forward to learning from the collective :)
I sold my fjr1300 yesterday as well, it was an 05 with several farkles. But due to the wife's health issues, I did not get to do long distance trips as I had hoped when I bought it 3 years ago:(

So , I decided to switch to a more fun bike for daily riding, commuting, and the rare day trip to the mountains nearby. It was nicely modded by the PO and I look forward to rippping through the gears some ;)
Mark in Winston Salem, NC

Welcome to the FZ1 world; with the NC mountains as a back yard I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride.

Good Day,

New member with a 2013 FZ1. It seemed like the logical next bike after the XS850 touring style I had in 1981. Took delivery in December, did a 300 mile oil change in February and now at 1,000 miles and 2nd oil change coming up this weekend. Whether it is the grin factor or learning about the bike, I'm enjoying the experience and benefited from a number of discussions on 998.org. Thanks.

M

Good Day,

New member with a 2013 FZ1. It seemed like the logical next bike after the XS850 touring style I had in 1981. Took delivery in December, did a 300 mile oil change in February and now at 1,000 miles and 2nd oil change coming up this weekend. Whether it is the grin factor or learning about the bike, I'm enjoying the experience and benefited from a number of discussions on 998.org. Thanks.

M

Welcome to the group! Post some shots of your rides when you have time. :welcome:

Hello.

I am new here I live in Ocean City Maryland,I have a 2012 fz1, I had a 06 they are really nice bikes, I traded my Yamaha raider in on this 2012. Looking forward to getting to know you all. I am sitting here today and wondering how I want to go about doing my mods lol. I did all of it on my 06, the bike runs really good feels like it is faster than my 06 was when you compare stock to stock, they most have tweaked the ECU a little different.

fastbandit

Greetings from Olympia WA

Hi All.

New to this forum. Was an active user on katriders.com and have ridden a katana for many years. poured my heart and soul into making a heavy sport tourer into a beast of a street fighter.

Then I decided that it was still a losing battle if i wanted something light, powerful, and reliable. Got my first FZ1 last week. a 2003. have put several hundred miles on it already and i love the modern agility.

power wheelies in 1st very well if you snap it at 6k.

So... being new to the fz1 scene, and having the gen 1, im looking for suggestions for jetting. I know there are like 5 jet kits out there and only a couple boast that youdont have to drill the slides. Who has done what and what were your results. You find any real benifits over stock?

I did a search for jetting but did not see any posts.

Also - having trouble locating a steering damper for gen 1. any experience here?

-Mack

Back