New member welcome thread...

Hi all, I've just taken on a leftover 2013. Was in the stealership trying to buy an FZ-09 to replace my Honda 919. Nice bike but they were adding on too many BS fees. Then the clouds parted and they showed me this lovely 2013 FZ1. Totally different bike. OK, now I get to sound my age:

I almost did cartwheels when I saw the centrestand. Whoohoooo!. Then came my questions about maintenance, and the revelation that valve adjustments were 26k miles apart! (Orgiastic response, quick trip to the men's). Then I rode home over dark, uncertain back streets of Los Angeles. Couldn't avoid the potholes; didn't matter. This bike is a friggin tank in city riding, yet quite nimble just the same. Love,love,love.

Nice bike. My only complaint is the surprisingly strong nut roasting you take on this thing. I'm wondering if any of you wrap the headers? Oh, I'll check the threads and find out.

Well worth the price I paid, so far. I bought this for about what I paid for my 919, when it was a leftover in 2005. Ha!

Hi all, I've just taken on a leftover 2013. Was in the stealership trying to buy an FZ-09 to replace my Honda 919. Nice bike but they were adding on too many BS fees. Then the clouds parted and they showed me this lovely 2013 FZ1. Totally different bike. OK, now I get to sound my age:

I almost did cartwheels when I saw the centrestand. Whoohoooo!. Then came my questions about maintenance, and the revelation that valve adjustments were 26k miles apart! (Orgiastic response, quick trip to the men's). Then I rode home over dark, uncertain back streets of Los Angeles. Couldn't avoid the potholes; didn't matter. This bike is a friggin tank in city riding, yet quite nimble just the same. Love,love,love.

Nice bike. My only complaint is the surprisingly strong nut roasting you take on this thing. I'm wondering if any of you wrap the headers? Oh, I'll check the threads and find out.

Well worth the price I paid, so far. I bought this for about what I paid for my 919, when it was a leftover in 2005. Ha!

Awesome! And welcome!!

Hi my name is Ed, just found this board this morning looking for setting the clock info. I am from Buffalo NY but live in Edwardsburg MI now. I have a 2012 FZ-1 I bought new left over last year. I love it, Only complaint is the seat. I bought a new 2005 FZ-6 back in 05 and sold it to buy my FZ-1 I liked the 6 also but was not enough for me with a passenger on the back.

Hi my name is Ed, just found this board this morning looking for setting the clock info. I am from Buffalo NY but live in Edwardsburg MI now. I have a 2012 FZ-1 I bought new left over last year. I love it, Only complaint is the seat. I bought a new 2005 FZ-6 back in 05 and sold it to buy my FZ-1 I liked the 6 also but was not enough for me with a passenger on the back.

Welcome Fasteddie, the seat is a common complaint.

Do a search for your name sake, Eddie's "Dirt Road" seats and you'll find a much more comfortable and compliant seat.

Here's one example :

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-gene...pain-new-please.html?highlight=dirt+road+seat

Hello,

I just took possession of my 2007 FZ1, with 4200 miles and no weld cracks, about an hour ago... I'm still grinning from the hour and a half ride home. :sport12:

I've been riding for about four years. Started with a cruiser that destroyed my back, then a Suzuki VStrom 1000 that was... "meh" and now to this FZ1. I have to say I am glad to be out of the v-twin world. The FZ1 was sooo smooth and powerful on the ride home, I just can't get over what I was missing.

Now time to figure out the seat, grips and saddle bag options with some searches. :D

Imp

Hello,

I just took possession of my 2007 FZ1, with 4200 miles and no weld cracks, about an hour ago... I'm still grinning from the hour and a half ride home. :sport12:

I've been riding for about four years. Started with a cruiser that destroyed my back, then a Suzuki VStrom 1000 that was... "meh" and now to this FZ1. I have to say I am glad to be out of the v-twin world. The FZ1 was sooo smooth and powerful on the ride home, I just can't get over what I was missing.

Now time to figure out the seat, grips and saddle bag options with some searches. :D

Imp

Welcome and congrats! Your going to love your 07! If you want a better cushion for your hind quarters, search out "Dirt Road", on the other FZ1 Forum and contact him. I have one of his seats and it's amazingly comfortable for all day riding.

Congrats! I know the smile. After 10 years on my Gen1 I still have that smile every time I get back home :)

Hello,

Imp

Hi guys,

New FZ owner here; name is Dan from Arizona. Sold my V-twins and picked up an 06 FZ1 a few weeks ago and am glad I made the transition. While I miss the low-end torque this thing has so much more up high while not killing my back on longer rides.

I'm pretty particular about preventative maintenance and since I didn't get any records with this bike I'm currently going through it replacing all the fluids and wear items. I've been hearing a bit about changing out to the R1 suspension- where's the best/least expensive way to pick up those components?

Glad to find this forum; hope to meet up with other AZ FZ1 riders to run with.

Stay safe,

Dan

Hello,

Imp

Imp -check your notifications/private messages

Hello All

Hello.

I was on here back in 2010, but i am back now,still been riding just been real busy. I now have another fz1 it is the 2012 model Pearl White with the Matte Black. I had the 2006 Swift Red before. In Between. I had the Yamaha Raider which was a real nice bike. The only mods that I have done so far is the 16 tooth gear. I am excited to get back into the swing of things with my fz1 love the bike. As some of you know i live in Ocean City Maryland.Feel free to chat.

fastbandit

hello

I am a new member. I've ridden crb's for a long time but need to step up to something more upright and touring friendly. I now am the proud owner of an 08 fz1 with full fairing, brother slip on, gutted cat, smaller flies, air box mod etc etc.

Back