New member welcome thread...

Hi just bought my first fz1 about a month ago. It's a red 2008. Got a Yoshi pipe. I haven't even rode it yet. I'm pretty Damn excited tho. It only has 6000 miles on it.

My first bike was a 83 kawasaki kz 550 then I jumped up to a 94 Honda cb 1000.

Looking forward to learning a lot on this site.

New FZ1 guy

Hi guys. New FZ1 owner as of yesterday. Picked up a 2003 blue beauty with 15K miles on it for $3500. Has a Yosh pipe, and some extras. Can't wait to customize and ride it. Looking forward to joining the community here and learning about it. Looking for advice on better windscreen (thinking of Zero Gravity sport touring), frame sliders, clear turn signals, and lower belly chin. If anyone can give advice or point me in the right direction, I will be one happy dude. Last bike was a 1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200 which I had converted into a street fighter. I did just one test ride on this FZ1 and it felt so nimble compared to the turn challenged Bandit.
Anyway, glad to be here.

Keith from Dallas

Hello all! New member here from Utah. Coming over from the FZ6R sister site. Just bought a 2013 FZ1 this last weekend. Still have the FZ6R, and will probably sell it. Loving the new bike, and glad to be a member of the forum!

Welcome

Hi just bought my first fz1 about a month ago. It's a red 2008. Got a Yoshi pipe. I haven't even rode it yet. I'm pretty Damn excited tho. It only has 6000 miles on it.

My first bike was a 83 kawasaki kz 550 then I jumped up to a 94 Honda cb 1000.

Looking forward to learning a lot on this site.

Hi guys. New FZ1 owner as of yesterday. Picked up a 2003 blue beauty with 15K miles on it for $3500. Has a Yosh pipe, and some extras. Can't wait to customize and ride it. Looking forward to joining the community here and learning about it. Looking for advice on better windscreen (thinking of Zero Gravity sport touring), frame sliders, clear turn signals, and lower belly chin. If anyone can give advice or point me in the right direction, I will be one happy dude. Last bike was a 1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200 which I had converted into a street fighter. I did just one test ride on this FZ1 and it felt so nimble compared to the turn challenged Bandit.
Anyway, glad to be here.

Keith from Dallas

Hey guys! Here's my blue baby...a 04 yam fz1. I'm from Montreal, QC, Canada and can't wait to see this f*** snow disapear ;) Great forum btw!
View attachment 17052

Hello all! New member here from Utah. Coming over from the FZ6R sister site. Just bought a 2013 FZ1 this last weekend. Still have the FZ6R, and will probably sell it. Loving the new bike, and glad to be a member of the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

New guy on the block

Hi all i have had my 2008 FZ1S for six years now and i still love it , But the time has come to give the bike a good bit of maintenance and i may be needing some advice on how some things are done , She has only done 12500 miles so it is not exactly warn out but but time stands still for no bike and some parts will need replacing . Thanks for having me . PS I live in the UK and my riding time is hampered by our inclement weather and my aging bones only like to ride bikes when the sun is shining .

New FZ1 owner!

New owner as of about an hour ago. Got a smokin' deal on a brand new 2012 leftover that would have been criminal to pass up. Look forward to learning as much as I can from the site about the bike, as I am leaving for 2 months and can't ride it yet :mad:

Mike

Hi from John

Hi,
My name is John, I'm a 62 YO grandfather and have recently purchased a 2006 FZ1S with only 7000klm on the clock and without a mark or scratch. I am currently working in Saudi and have only has the opportunity to do a few hundred klms on my new ride but I already love it. I also own a 1985 Moto Guzzi LM1000, a 1971 SuzukiT500 and a 1955 Puch SGS250.
I finish my contract soon and am looking forward to getting home and clocking up a lot more K's on my FZ1.
:sport12:

Mike in Visalia CA.

Hi folks!
I'm Mike, live in Visalia CA. I grew up in the Midwest, used to do motocross on a Yamaha 125. I got a Honda V45 750 later for grad school and commuted 4 years on that. I am a Formula One freak, sports car fanatic, and restored my Dad's 52MGTD several years ago, so the performance bug and bike itch has been a slow burn for many years. FINALLY......after a ton of research and knowing that a FZ1 is the bike I wanted, i just purchased a beautiful 07 FZ1 with full Ivan conversions. Drove about 7 hours to load it onto a pickup and drive nervously back. The owner has taken exquisite and detailed care of the machine, and i appreciate so many of you owners here already because the previous owner said he acquire so much knowledge because of this forum.
I'll be working on some pictures, and have taken it for 3 short drives...getting to know it slowly. One thing for sure, with the throttle response post Ivan fuel cut eliminator, Power Commander, slip-on, and ECU flash, this machine deserves alot of respect and learning curve... and it is freaking awesome.

Hello,
My name is Marco and I am from Chile. I recently bought an FZ1-S 2012 black, I'm in love with her :) :)

I'm very glad to find this big source of information, and I'll be happy to share my experiences also.

This is my ride, after cleaning her, and before installing the givi rack
923570_10202866574881906_6898691941347832929_n.jpg

Regards,
Marco

Hello,
My name is Marco and I am from Chile. I recently bought an FZ1-S 2012 black, I'm in love with her :) :)

I'm very glad to find this big source of information, and I'll be happy to share my experiences also.

Regards,
Marco

Welcome Marco! Nice to have you along. Congrats on the new ride. She looks sweet. Be careful and enjoy!

Hello,

Regards,
Marco

Welcome Marco. Nice Moto!

Hello all new to this forum.I'm from VA and just picked up a 2006 FZ1.Traded in my 2013 Honda CBR500R to get her.I used to ride a 86 Fazer back in the day.Man I had forgot how much fun these are to ride.A huge leap from that 500R I just traded.Only been riding since last November after a long stint of not riding.

Glad I joined this forum and look forward to being a old dog learning new tricks.

IMG_20140417_185819660_zps29adbbbd.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!

My name isYago and I'm from Spain.

I recently bought a FZ1-N in january... I'm in love with this awesome bike!!

I'm very happy to find this big forum to search useful information, and I'll share my experiences too.

This is my bike:

2cff8ua.jpg

Back