New member welcome thread...

Aloha from new member in Hawaii

Aloha, My name is Richard and I live in Haleiwa, Hawaii, the big wave surfing capitol of the world. I have been riding a 2005 FZ1 for about a month now and love it. Never was a bike rider and wasn't too interested after what I had seen during 15 years working in the Emergency Room with dirt bike and street bike injuries. Traded my motorboat for a 1996 Vulcan 1500 Classic Cruiser about a year ago and learned to ride on that heavy hog. I like to commute on my bike and the cruiser was less than ideal for that purpose so I bought a 2005 FZ1. I love it! YOu get a lot of the same adrenaline rush surfing the twisties as you do on big waves. Already put about 800 miles on it. I'm a "gremmie" (surfing slang for begginner) on bikes so I'm being careful. The old owner of the bike referred me to the forum and I'm glad to be able to join. I appreciate any advice on commuting, ridng, etc.. I'm looking for a way to carry my briefcase and a few items on my bike and to be able to lock up my jacket and helmet while at work. Already had one helmet cut off my bike! I was thinking maybe a topcase or side cases. What's better? What brands are best? Best resource for equipment? Plus, any secrets for wearing eyeglasses under a full face helmet? -Richard "Surfernurse" ( That's short for Surf and ER Nurse)

Thanks for the welcome !

Thanks for the welcome feedback! I bought a Torc helmet with bluetooth to replace my stolen helmet and just force my glasses on after I put on my helmet. Really tight fit and it's hell on the frames. May have to modify a spare pare just for riding!

Blessings and gratitude to all you veterans out there! America and the world are lucky you served! -Rich

Hello Everyone,
I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. I am a former Marine living in Japan, I recently purchased a 2006 FZ1. I love the bike and take it out every weekend.

Hi from blowy NW England

Hi folks, I'm Steve (friends call me Nick!) from Cumbria in England. I got a 2009 model FZ1 Fazer a couple of months ago to replace my '04 ZX10R. I've posted more on the other forum but thought I'd better say hi here as well. I also own a Spondon framed FZR1000 that I built in the spirit of the fazer, before the fazer even existed! and a Spondon framed RG500, which is my baby! Hope you've all had a good Christmas, all the best for the new year!

Hi folks, I'm Steve (friends call me Nick!) from Cumbria in England. I got a 2009 model FZ1 Fazer a couple of months ago to replace my '04 ZX10R. I've posted more on the other forum but thought I'd better say hi here as well. I also own a Spondon framed FZR1000 that I built in the spirit of the fazer, before the fazer even existed! and a Spondon framed RG500, which is my baby! Hope you've all had a good Christmas, all the best for the new year!

I would love to ride that RG500! I'm a two stroke addict. Oh welcome.

I'm Jeff, in Colorado, just got my FZ1 this morning, it's a maroon 2008. Whoever owned it before seems to have taken nice care of it, not a scratch on it, it has sliders and highway pegs, other than that I believe it's all stock.

I rode a CBR600RR, and a GSXR600 and then was very close to buying a CBR1000RR but after discovering the FZ I did a bunch of forum reading and went and test drove one. Crazy power, plenty for me, and much more comfortable than the CBR. (I'd get a CBR also if I had way too much money :) ) I'm excited.

I also have a 97' Valkyrie and a Honda XR650L, and my first bike was a Suzuki GS700ES. Probably going to sell the Valkyrie and keep the XRL. Not totally sure yet.

Introduction

My name's Jim.
Pretty psyched about my recent purchase of a 2004 FZ1. Gorgeous silver bike with a black frame and wheels. It's in beautiful shape with just under 22k miles. Paid $2500. Brought it home a week ago and since then, put on a chain/sprocket set and a new front tire. Ready now for Spring pretty much as I live in Western Mass and the conditions outside aren't so conducive for riding right now.
I've only had the bike out for 30 miles or so (home from the purchasers) but it seems great- not even that far different my my BMW gs, ergonomics-wise. Plus, I haven't had a Japanese inline 4 for awhile (Kaw ZRX was my last one). Really looking forward smooth rush of power thing that these bikes are all about.
Thinking about a jet kit and even took the bike partially apart yesterday to see how involved the carb removal process is gonna be. It's a little intimidating- not sure if this is something better off left to a professional. Any input here regarding the degree of difficulty of this job would be helpful.
Much thanks---

Hi all just joined today.

Own a 2012 black fz1 ,standard apart from ackropovic and tank protector,had it about 6 months,it was second hand with 800 miles on clock.i had a gen 1 from 2004 for 7 years and loved it to bits,did around 60k on it before it started to cost a lot of money,so i bought a six month old zzr1400 which i owned for 6 months before someone decided they liked it more than me...after the insurance paid out i bought a GT touring bandit and went on my honeymoon with the wife to italy and back on it a year and a half ago.

Although i liked the big comfort on the bandit,i hated how big and heavy it was,so traded it in for current fz1 which i love,tank range isnt brilliant and can get a bit uncomfortable on longish journeys but that is easily outweighed by the brilliant handling and performance.

Im currently planning a tour of scotland in the summer with a few nights in isle of skye.

Welcome! Range is a bit of an issue on this bike, but the pros far outweigh the cons. You'll discover after reading a bit here that absolutely nobody on this forum can get enough pictures of motorcycles, so get going and post some up!

Hey all.
Brand new to the forum. Trying to figure it out.
Just picked up my 08 fz1 in the great white northern Canada.
Last bike was a 82 Honda cm650 so this is quite the jump.
I'm a carpenter and 25. Already have half my mods picked out and the bike came with a exhaust and licence "delete" I guess you'd call it.
Now if only I could figure out how to put a pic up:banghead:

mike-t-albums-my-bike-picture4036-20140121-145327.jpg
mike-t-albums-my-bike-picture4035-20140121-145315.jpg

Not a great picture,bike lives outside and i never polish it,not a lot of point when i ride it every day lol

Hello from Pasadena, California. Name is the same as my handle here. Just picked up last year's model from the local dealer for a decent deal. Early birthday present to myself. Yeah, I'm a DIYer, through and through.

Part of the DIY thing for me is joining forums like this. I've had a few bikes since the early aughts and learned a bit about each from good online communities. Search for my name on the CX500 boards, the KLR forums, and the FJ1200 owners forum and you might find a trail of my tinkering experience. I probably won't ever buy a bike that doesn't have a dedicated following.

This is my first brand new bike bought from a dealer. Also the first fuel-injected. I might not mod this thing performance-wise for a while, but I need a softer seat, stat! I'm keeping the old FJ1200 as a project. Already rebuilt the top end a couple years ago along with other minor overhauls. Have a few more to do. Just had to get a dependable, modern machine in the stable to cure the need for carefree rides.

I do a bit of graphic design and web development, and specialize in type design. Google my name and the word "fonts" and you'll see more about that, including some pics with my old KLR up on Angeles Crest. Just married in September. The wife convinced me to get a practical sedan when I bought a car, but let me get another sport bike too. Marriage is all about compromises, right?

Looking forward to learning all about power commanders and fender eliminators here. Glad to have the company. Any SoCal locals let me know about meet-ups!

Back