New member welcome thread...

New to the site and the FZ1 ive just aquired, had a few gsxr's then took a 3 year holiday from bikes. Looking forward to playing out next weekend only plan for the bike is tail tidy, exhaust hanger and a rear seat cowl if i can find one at the right price.

Cheers
Kev

Hello everyone, my name is Lance and I moved to Lebanon, OH this last October. When I came here I had an 03 Honda VTX1800C but it just wasn't my style and very uncomfortable for me. So I traded it a few weeks ago for an 02 FZ1. I absolutely love it! I've owned several bikes over the years and this is by far my favorite. Eventually I would like to get a Gen II but this is great for now. I've already learned a lot from this forum and look forward to learning more. If there's anyone in my area that ever wants to go riding hit me up, I have a very open schedule. But I don't know the area very well and have no idea where to ride. I usually just get on and go and if I get lost I look at my phone and figure it out.

It's been a long time since I've been this happy with a purchase.

About to turn 42 this year and decided it was time to stop pondering the idea and just do it. Did a lot of research and sat on a lot of bikes. The dealer had me sit on a 2012 FZ8 and immediately my mind was set. Two days before the purchase my instructor talked me into going with the FZ1 since I had the money to spend and I'm glad I did. I'm 236 pounds, 6'3 and this bike fits great! It's been a hot summer but I'm out there fully geared up every chance I get and the truth is I don't feel the heat unless I'm at a full stop on the highway. I've been so long out of the game that I didn't even know about standards like this. Always feels good to spend this kind of money and feel this satisfied. This is my first time going through a forum and I'm impressed with how much one can pick up. Hope to post some pics soon of me and the FZ1. Going to do some justice after this 600 mile checkup.

Last edited:
New owner!

Hey folks, I am the one who purchased schot1984 2006 FZ1, this is my second FZ1 and so far it seems like a great buy! It has some touring goodies on it and that is what I'm planing on doing! I won't post any pics unless I change something on it, because its the same as the photos he has on his for sale post!
I am looking to get some hard saddle bags, maybe I can get some input on which will work the best on a 2nd Gen.

Hi my name is Brian, I live in detroit Mi. I'm 33 and have had bikes non stop since I was about 7. Most recent bikes were hayabusa, zrx1200, and zx-10. I've wanted a FZ1 for about 4 years I think, I just always had a bike so never really got serious. I bought a 2009 with 3,000 miles and love it.

This forum is .......awesome! I've learned so much and have become I guess addicted to modding my bike from you guys. I bought my bike about a month ago and after much research on here I bought everything Ivan had in one kit. I installed it last weekend and holy shit its waaayy stronger. Mods were, full yosh exhaust, FLIES, FCE, PCV, IM, smog pump delete, airbox mod, BMC. I ordered all the sliders, sargent seat, penske shock, 16 tooth sprocket, FE and some other stuff. So next weekend I'll install most of that. (shock takes 3 weeks). Im going to mid ohio the beginning of august. Thanks for the great information. Brian

Greetings!

Hello, from Portland Or. I am new to motorcycles...well its been 30 years since I owned one. My first bike is a 2006 Ninja 500R and I still have it. Bought it as a starter bike and to commute to work. Went for a road trip and found it to be a little small. I am 52 yrs 6'3" and 180lbs. So then went shopping for something bigger, the forum as I was just a guest offered me lots of opinions on bikes in the 1 liter range. I settled on a 2001 FZ1 black, it has some mileage on it 22,500 miles but the price seemed to be right at $3200.00. Has a fender eliminator kit, LED turn signals, D&D exhaust can - sounds great! 190/50/17 tire. Looks fat!

Ive had it 2 days and I have seen 120 mph already!http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr309/mpremnas/smiles/nono.gif

Hiya Folks

My name is David, I'm 44 and I live in sunny Scotland. Just bought myself an 08 plate FZ1n. Pick it up next Wednesday.

This will only be my second bike. My first is an SV 650 and although I have loved every minute of ownership, I feel I have just outgrown it.

I has a test ride of a few bikes (all naked) and fell in love with the FZ.

Needless to say I will be picking all of your brains in the not too distant future.

Howdy from down under

Hi all my name is Damian from Melbourne Australia, I ride a 2011 FZ1N and love it before that i have had a 2010 r6 a 99 r6 a GSX1100 vtr250 and a CB400t.
Get out on the bike every chance i get (still not enough) but have 2 kids a boy 12 and daughter 7 they are a handfull lol. Plus a job that keeps me real busy (I build 4wds, race cars, fast streeters and lots of bits and pieces for all)

Any way enough about me, joined to get some ideas and info about the bikes we ride and hopefully can contribute in some way aswell.

Cheers Damo

Hey Guys. New member here from Vancouver, Canada. I've been riding since 2007 and have had a Kawi 650R and a DRZ 400. I haven't actually owned an FZ1 yet, but it's on my wish list, having ridden a friend's FZ1 a fair bit. I love that it's a great combination of a comfortable bike, awesome for touring, yet with a killer engine. Rolling on the gas at 3000rpm and pulling through to the redline is so addictive. Leave it in top gear to pass gears without even downshifting, so nice.

Anyway, even though I don't own an FZ1 I'm going to lurk around here and learn more about the bikes before hopefully picking one up at some point. Or if that doesn't happen, I can always borrow my friend's bike ;)

Hi all! My name is Allie, and in spite of living in New Jersey I am surrounded by some of the most gorgeous countryside and nicest riding imaginable. I did some off road (heheh that's the 'official' story) riding as a kid, but didn't start riding street bikes until about ten years ago. I'm afraid I may not be a 'member of the family' unless it's as the 'redheaded stepchild' because I don't actually OWN an FZ1. :jaw drop: I ride an old GS750, and love the bike but I'm seriously kicking around the idea of another bike, one that might be slightly more comfy for longer rides with a passenger, and I've always liked (but never ridden) the FZ bikes. Being somewhat frugal (did I mention I ride a GS750?) I'm thinking about the Gen 1 bikes. I'm not actively shopping right now, but 'kicking the e-tires' as it were. I came here to snoop around and learn more about the FZ family of bikes, and will likely post a question or two in the appropriate forums as I go, with your kind suffrage. This looks like a great place for FZ knowledge, and thanks in advance for any help!

Luke from Virginia

Hi everyone. Just traded in my 08 Yamaha Raider S for a 2010 FZ1. I live in Virginia (22801) and am looking to get back in to the 'sport' scene and out of the cruiser scene. If anyone is local, let me know ! :)

Back