New Member, Possible new bike...

Nice bike and gear you got there. I love that blue. Wish they had offered it on the Gen II FZ1. Oh and I like that Ferrari in the background there :tup:

Excellent effort in matching up the gear. I have no patience...

I like symmetry so I was careful to make all the gear/bike match.
I rode to work today for the first time. 35mi each way and it was below 50deg outside. My new gear kept me warm and comfortable, just my fingers got a little cool. I need to get some earplugs though, its loud inside that helmet, something I'm not used to at all..
Thanks for the help/support guys!

I like symmetry so I was careful to make all the gear/bike match.
I rode to work today for the first time. 35mi each way and it was below 50deg outside. My new gear kept me warm and comfortable, just my fingers got a little cool. I need to get some earplugs though, its loud inside that helmet, something I'm not used to at all..
Thanks for the help/support guys!

Glad to hear that your having a good time with the new bike. I use those spongey ear plugs. They are real cheap and after a few uses I just toss them. I get 4 packs for a dollar so it's not too bad. There are better ear plugs out there, even the ones you mold to your ear, but for the few times I use them it's not worth it to me. During the colder months I wear a balaclava and that keeps a lot of noise out as well.

Glad to hear that your having a good time with the new bike. I use those spongey ear plugs. They are real cheap and after a few uses I just toss them. I get 4 packs for a dollar so it's not too bad. There are better ear plugs out there, even the ones you mold to your ear, but for the few times I use them it's not worth it to me. During the colder months I wear a balaclava and that keeps a lot of noise out as well.

I wore my headsock this morning due to the cold weather (below 48deg- us cali guys are spoiled and wimpy) and no ear plugs... still kinda loud for my taste. I wore some of my shop foam ear plugs today on the ride home, much more comofrtable and I could still hear a lot around me which was nice. I will find some happy ground I'm sure.

Good to see you've taken a liking to the bike. The gear looks great and the bike is really sharp all cleaned up. I like the full fairing set up and I really like the blue helmat with the white racing stripes. Glad there's another motorcyclist out there.

Just finished my motorcycle safety course at the local college today. Great class, I learned a lot of fundamentals there and got some good lessons.I can't ride enough these days so I'm busy racking up the miles. I will probably do 1k my first month with the pace I'm on right now...
Getting a 4k service done on the bike tomorrow at the local shop just to make sure everything is good on the bike. I will do my own service after that as I'm sure its not hard to figure out (I'm an ASE master tech/smog licenced and BMW Master tech aswell, bikes arn't that much different than cars right?).

Sounds like you should be able to handle any general maintenance going forward. It's not a bad idea to let a knowledgeable shop check it out for now since you're not that familiar with motorcycles yet. I would suggest you pick up a service manual for future reference. Good luck and ride safe :tup:

Got the bike serviced, they thought it had a lot fewer miles than it does (19k now) because it is so clean and doesn't have any leaks.
I pulled the fairings off last night to rock the naked look for a while. Just seeing if I like it, so far I think I prefer the bike with the full fairings but havn't had enough time to adjust yet.
Time for a ride!

I to tried the lowers, but with a recent swapping of plastics, I went back to the naked look for the fairings are black and now the bike is titanium grey.

I'm going to opt for a lower belly pan, for that is how the bike originally came to me but the stealer didn't mount it correctly after an oil change and the plastic was melted by the exhaust.

I wish in had a 2400 sf garage about now so I could have just a tiny bit of space to work on the bike.......

Last edited:
Back